OverviewWhole Foods Market Regional Director of Meat & Poultry – Bellevue, WA Full Time in Bellevue, PE
Whole Foods Market
Branch Bellevue PE CA
Regional Director of Meat & Poultry – Bellevue, WA
The Regional Director of Meat & Poultry (Meat Coordinator) is responsible for creating the vision and standards for the retail execution of the Pacific…
The Regional Director of Meat & Poultry (Meat Coordinator) is responsible for creating the vision and standards for the retail execution of the Pacific Northwest Meat program. Primary focus on program development including product mix, pricing strategy, promotional plans, and merchandising direction. Participates in quarterly sales, margin and labor budgeting. Responsible for store level execution in partnership with Store Team Leaders
Meat Coordinator also is responsible for ensuring the tools and training are provided to develop knowledgeable and service oriented store teams. This position requires heavy leadership and management skills. Sets the tone for creative and forward-thinking solutions to the Meat Department. As a member of the leadership team, they will play a key role in driving sales and margin growth, team member development and shrink strategy for all stores.
This role works closely with the Senior Meat Buyer to determine the right assortment and quality of product that will maximize sales and margin for the Meat Team. This is achieved through developing strong Store, Team Leader, Regional Team, Global Meat Team, and Marketing relationships. This position Position is based out of Bellevue, WA. The Pacific Northwest Region covers Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia. The ability to travel unrestricted throughout the U.S. and Canada is required.
Key Responsibility Summary:
Product & Merchandising – Partner with the VP of Purchasing and Global Meat Team to develop and execute a merchandising strategy that culminates into a strong overall quality, assortment and value message to the Meat Department customers.
- Develop product mix reflective of Regional and local business needs, including local meat sourcing, new items and innovative new programs including new product procurement and development
- Develop strong relationships with meat suppliers and vendor partners
- Collaborate with the Regional Buyer to fine tune product assortment and category management to ensure alignment with Regional and Global guidelines
- Participate and innovate in new store development and remodel design by working with Regional, Store Leadership and the Construction team
- Keep abreast of industry trends and regularly visit the competition. Partner with competitive analytics team to maintain competitive pricing
Financials – Oversee pricing and gross margin, maintain consistent pricing among stores, costing and manage PLUs on all Meat items. Responsible for accuracy of price book, MTT, GIG, inventory systems and all team financial data reporting on all Meat items. Responsible for accuracy of price book, MTT, GIG, inventory systems and all team financial data reporting.
- Develop pricing strategies that are unique and responsive for each market we operate in, including weekly price checks, monitoring of competitors promotional programs and clear differentiation of product
- Conduct weekly price checks, monitoring of competitors promotional programs and clear differentiation of product
- Design ongoing team financial strategies in the annual financial planning assist Meat departments in making informed decisions to maximize profitability
- Support the stores to ensure accurate inventory counts and minimize spoilage and shrink
Operational – Oversees and coordinates Product initiatives as they relate to the department and assures consistent standards in our stores.
- Disseminate weekly communication (i.e. newsletter) that includes sales recap, best practices, highlights of the bench mark report, upcoming features and focus items for the week, etc.
- Participates in resets, remodels and new store openings (training of new teams, design resets, fixtures)
- Ensure Store leaders are aware of issues with deteriorating fixtures and source new and exciting fixtures that will improve meat sales in the Region department design
- Drive compliance with relevant regulations and standards, including, but not limited to: OSHA, Department of Labor, Health and Sanitation, FDA, Department of Agriculture, Weights and Measures, etc.
Team Member Development – Models and cultivates inter-departmental and inter-store communication and partners with Store Leadership in the hiring, training, performance, retention, mentoring, coaching and development of Meat Team Members makers and retain and grow our business.
- Oversee the Regional Meat Development and acts as a leader to all Pacific Northwest Meat Teams, inspiring teamwork, enthusiasm and complete meat product knowledge
- Foster Meat Team Leaders excellence in category and inventory management; margin control; sales building techniques and customer service excellence.
- Partner with Store Leaders to provide written and verbal feedback in conducting timely and comprehensive Job Dialogues and Wage Reviews for all Meat Team Leaders
Other Duties as Assigned by Regional Leadership
Position Requirements Summary
- 5+ years of experience in the meat industry, including all aspects of meat product purchasing and store merchandising programs, required
- Multi-unit procurement, production and merchandising leadership experience for a progressive food retailer, required
- Business degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Store leadership and experience interacting with the media, a plus
- Ability to travel unrestricted throughout the Region (US and Canada)
- Microsoft Office suite software at an intermediate level
- Ability to learn propitiatory systems
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to multi-task, multi-priority juggling
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the Region including weekends and holidays
- Travel throughout the Region (U.S. and Canada) – valid passport needed with ability to travel to Canada
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, US
Posted on: 2018-03-06