Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-04-24
The Ottawa Hospital DMI System Operator 1 Full Time in Ottawa, ON
The Ottawa Hospital
Branch Ottawa ON CA
DMI System Operator 1
Film digitizers, document scanning and printing, FAX and RightFAX, CD/DVD creation hardware, software, and tools. The home base is at the General Campus….
The home base is at the General Campus.
Days, 8 hour shifts
- For information purposes only – The Hospital reserves the right to change.
- 1 year college diploma in an Information Technology Support program or equivalent;
- Technical certificate in Information Systems;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience utilizing Microsoft Office applications;
- Experience with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10, including network folders and electronic document sharing workflows;
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Office 365, and SharePoint;
- Demonstrated technical computer systems support, troubleshooting knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Imaging Information System technology in use at TOH;
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIS and other hospital systems and their relationship/integration to DMI information systems;
- Working knowledge of relevant Hospital, department, and unit policies and procedures, as well as applicable provincial and federal acts and legislation;
- Working knowledge of Provincial Wait Time Information System (WTIS) and NEODIN Regional Diagnostic Imaging Repository (DI-r), including web-based support and management tools;
- Working knowledge of Provincial eHealth system(s);
- Ability to provide good customer service to clients and maintain professional and ethical conduct at all times;
- Ability to create concise technical and training documentation;
- Demonstrated capacity to build effective relationships with diverse TOH staff and stakeholder groups;
- Strong organization and time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and balance multiple tasks despite frequent interruptions and unpredictable changes in workload, and maintain a high level of concentration in a busy working environment;
- Ability to hold self and others accountable for responsibilities and outcomes;
- Self-motivating, above-average initiative and judgement;
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills, in keeping with the hospital and departmental policies and procedures;
- Ability to anticipate problems and react appropriately;
- Ability to evaluate and refer matters to appropriate personnel;
- Ability to work within a team environment and work independently when appropriate with minimal supervision;
- Ability to learn Hospital Customer Service Tracking System;
- Ability to maintain patient and staff confidentiality;
- Ability and desire to teach/train;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Proficiency in Administrative software such as word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation.
- 1 year of experience with Healthcare environment workflows;
- 1 year of desktop client support and training experience;
- Microsoft Excel;
- Prior experience on TOH applications including, but not limited to: Admission Discharge Transfer (ADT), Radiology Information System (RIS), Picture Archive Communication System (PACS), Voice Recognition System for DMI, and Hospital Customer Support Ticketing System;
- Prior experience with electronic import/export equipment and workflows including, but not limited to: film digitizers, document scanning and printing, FAX and RightFAX, CD/DVD creation hardware, software, and tools.
Please submit your online application by 11:59 p.m. EST the day the job posting closes. It is mandatory that you provide a thoroughly completed application with all the necessary information to help us determine whether you meet the qualifications as outlined on the job posting. Failure to do so will result in being screened out of the competition. Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.
All TOH staff are accountable for providing quality and safe care to patients. The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process