OverviewThe Economical Insurance Group Learning and Development Specialist Full Time in Toronto, ON
The Economical Insurance Group
Branch Toronto ON CA
Learning and Development Specialist
Help the Training team to develop innovative and engaging training material, including eLearning and other related projects that lead to unparalleled customer…
We are Sonnet , Canada’s smart new insurance done completely online. We set out to change how Canadians feel about insurance, and that means changing how we think about customer service.
We hire people who love people. People who are crazy about customers and believe that customer service can and should be easy and fun for all (employees and customers alike). We are a technology company, so self-professed digital geeks are more than welcome. We also look for people who don’t take themselves too seriously, can work in ambiguity, support each other and communicate authentically to join our team. When our customers reach out to us with questions or need help to solve a problem, we want them to feel like they are being helped by someone who really cares. The feedback we hear so far is that talking to one of our Customer Service Heroes is like talking to friends or family and we NEVER want that to change.
If all that doesn’t sound like you then stop reading now! If it does sound like you, read on!
Your role reports to our Manager, Training, Quality and Knowledge. Your main responsibility is to design, develop, and deliver incredibly engaging training that will stimulate trainees as well as create other training assets to help keep the knowledge alive. Last but definitely not least, you are a key part of the overall management team which means we need your help improve our training program, our knowledge base, and our quality programs overall.
You will be a key part in ensuring that Sonnet is providing unparalleled service and support to our customers. This requires someone who is highly focused with a strong understanding of what makes customer service great from a learning and development perspective.
- Treat our Customer Service Heroes as your “customers” ensuring they are supported, respected, and involved in creating training curricula.
- Help the Training team to develop innovative and engaging training material, including eLearning and other related projects that lead to unparalleled customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate training sessions with energy and pizazz (not pizza but if it helps…).
- Conduct Level 1 and Level 2 evaluations.
- Consistently communicate results in a timely manner knowing that communication can make or break a great customer service department.
- Be a constant learner and constant teacher – we all have something to share and to learn.
- Help to evolve training and training materials in an organization obsessed with Customer Experience. It is all about the customer from design to servicing.
- Challenge the status quo and join us on the road less travelled.
- Fail fast and learn even faster.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure strong two-way communications and ensure the Contact Centre gets the appropriate information to effectively handle our customer calls, chats and emails.
- Always champion the service philosophy in everything you do and every meeting you are in. You help us create the gold seal standard in customer service and you challenge others both in the Contact Centre and in the broader organization to live up to the standard.
- Excellent at listening, making people feel heard and valued.
- A detail-oriented natural observer.
- A believer in servant leadership and an eternal student of service and learning
- Someone with an Adult Education certification/accreditation, Instructional Design/eLearning certification/accreditation and/or equivalent education or experience in either area.
- Someone with 3 or more years in a similar role in a world-class customer service environment with a strong track record of success.
- Experienced in instructional design methodologies, adult learning principles, and facilitation.
- Someone with advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledgeable with authoring tools and MS Office to support learning.
- Someone with a strong work ethic who leads by example – you work hard, play hard and expect nothing less from those around them.
- Someone who is not afraid to ask others for help when needed.
- Not territorial or worried about looking good but would rather everyone look good together.
- Flexible to work at different times in order to run this operation.
- Not required but an asset – Bilingual (French).
You will be measured on:
- The two metrics that matter the most – Employee and Customer Satisfaction.
- World-class service as demonstrated by the Contact Centre having amazing Customer Satisfaction scores.
- Effective and engaging training sessions and training material as evaluated by our Customer Service Heroes.
- Leadership and ability to ensure our team is at the heart of our incentive and recognition programs as measured by high employee satisfaction, low absenteeism, turnover, etc.
- Commitment to team as measured by leader and peer compliments.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10