OverviewRed River Mutual Human Resources Generalist Full Time in Altona, MB
Red River Mutual
Branch Altona MB CA
Human Resources Generalist
This includes the areas of recruitment and selection, employee relations, compensation, benefits etc. in pursuit of attaining organizational goals….
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for supporting the Human Resources Manager in the day to day administration and facilitation of HR responsibilities across all aspects of the Human Resources function. This includes the areas of recruitment and selection, employee relations, compensation, benefits etc. in pursuit of attaining organizational goals. In addition this person will manage select HR projects and provide advice and assistance in the development and execution of overall strategic objectives for Red River Mutual.
Red River Mutual is a progressive property and casualty insurer with our Head Office based in Altona, Manitoba and a Winnipeg Regional Office. We provide insurance to residential, agricultural and commercial customers through a network of brokers in Manitoba and Saskatchewan. At Red River Mutual, we believe that employees deliver their best results in an atmosphere of support and respect. We strive to maintain a culture that makes working at Red River Mutual enjoyable and rewarding.
- Ability to foster a positive teamwork environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain effective working relationships
- Experience in developing, coaching, motivating and mentoring others
- Adept problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Provide recruitment and selection support and services to managers (from creation of job descriptions, pre-screening, interviews, employment contracts etc.)
- Act as an advisor and coach to managers and leaders dealing with employee relations and/or performance issues, escalating complex issues where appropriate
- Assist in the development and communication of HR policy and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of all company policy and procedures
- Collect employee feedback through formal and informal channels
- Lead and/or support the development of assigned projects aimed at HR improvements
- Support the HR Manager and Management teams
- Day to day administration of pension and benefits
- Administration of HRIS including, training, reporting, on-boarding & off boarding
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or related field (Business Degree, Certificate in Human Resource Management or equivalent)
- CPHR designation, or willingness to attain is considered an asset
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Work is required between the Winnipeg and Altona office location. Travel between the two locations will be required
- Minimum 2 year’s work experience
Red River Mutual offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Altona, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23