OverviewProject Coordinator in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
major projects are successfully executed and delivered on time. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: 1. Project… issues. • Communicate project status on an ongoing…
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position provides a liason function between the sales force, distributor, end customer and various internal customers (i.e. plants/factories) regarding the status and compliance, processing, changes and/or modifications of sales orders. This position will follow a customer request from quotation through order entry process until it becomes the responsibility of the Post-Sales support team and will work closely with the end-customers to ensure that all major projects are successfully executed and delivered on time.
1. Project Management
• Maintain a strong working relationship with regional sales persons, distributors and end-users (contractors).
• Coordinates information between engineering, production planning and sales regarding product application and customer requirements.
• Builds and maintains various customer files containing correspondence, change notices, RMA, debit/credit notes, specifications, performance and related data.
• Coordinates with production planning and customer the manufacturing and delivery dates.
• Evaluates and initiates product returns (RMAs) and customer debits and credits.
2. Technical Resolution
• Review BOMs (bills of materials) for accuracy, replacement parts and product substitution.
• Prepares specification drawings for approval and review and edits any changes received after approval. Includes cover page, bill of materials, startup information (as needed), job-specific drawings, typical wiring detail, panel schedule, component worksheet, and cut sheets
• Respond to and work with Engineer comments on rejected submittals to provide a comprehensive solution
• Maintain a current knowledge of Cooper Lighting and Cooper Control product lines as it pertains to integrated lighting control systems and functionality.
3. Sales Representative / Field Service
• Maintain a communications dialog with our sales representatives for quotation, ordering entry, change notices and warranty.
• Resolve any application issues with the sales representative and/or end customer.
• Perform field service visits as required to resolve product deficiencies and delivery issues.
• Communicate project status on an ongoing basis with senior leadership.
• Promote efficient and expeditious product shipments including priority shipments.
• Communicate with Purchasing and Manufacturing the priorities of orders and job-specific needs to ensure project remains on track.
• Handle all customer correspondence including faxes, emails and phone calls
• Organize, maintain and manage the project order file and process return authorizations
• Maintain proper site documentation and ensure paperwork accuracy prior and after being to job site
Note, this job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The incumbent will be working in a dynamic and fast paced team environment. As a consummate professional, you will be required to quickly gain knowledge and become the technical subject matter expert for integrated lighting control systems in relation to customer touch. An ability to work across departments and learn new systems will be an ongoing feature of this position.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
• A recognized diploma or degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Ability to use Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Excellence in business communication (written and verbal)
• Extensive use of Email and the Internet for transfer of information and job related research
• Ability to use network systems and navigate on a business network
• Ability to review and understand building floor plans a plus
• Engineering background and understanding a plus
• Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-07-13