OverviewPrairie Valley School Division Temporary Part Time (40%) Nutritional Assistant Temporary in Saskatchewan
Prairie Valley School Division
Branch SK CA
Temporary Part Time (40%) Nutritional Assistant
The school Nutritional Assistant is responsible for providing the school food service activities with specific responsibilities for preparing and serving a…
Educational Assistant/Nutritional Assistant
James Hamblin Elementary School – Qu`Appelle
Job Purpose: The school Nutritional Assistant is responsible for providing the school food service activities with specific responsibilities for preparing and serving a balanced and healthy range of food items in a clean and organized food service environment. The Nutritional Assistant ensures respectful, positive and professional food services to students, staff and community members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and the ability to carry out food preparation and serving practices
- Knowledge of kitchen safety and sanitation standards and safe food handling
- Basic analytical and mathematical skills for measuring ingredients, converting recipes, making change and balancing cash
- Ability to safely use and operate kitchen equipment
- Ability to perform basic food sales, and purchasing functions
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Safe Food Handling Course required
- Certificate or diploma as a Food Service Worker or related discipline would be an asset
- Experience managing kitchen operations and inventories in a commercial food delivery environment would be an asset
- As per CUPE Agreement
- 12 hours per week, 10 months per year
- To begin as soon as possible until June 29,2018, with the possibility of extension.
- Starting salary $19.36
- Regular travel required between school and suppliers is required using a private vehicle with employer-paid mileage
- Ability to perform physical labour including regular lifting objects up to 25 pounds (11 kg) and standing for long periods of time
- Temperatures from hot ovens, dishwashers and other equipment
- Use of supplied protective equipment is required
For the full job description, please click here.
- Interested applicants should submit their application online at www.pvsd.ca/careers by midnight on Thursday, January 18, 2018.
Selection Procedure: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Prairie Valley School Division supports the principles of a representative work force and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: , SK, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11