OverviewNorthern Lights College GEOG Curriculum Development Part Time in Dawson Creek, BC
Northern Lights College
Branch Dawson Creek BC CA
GEOG Curriculum Development
Dawson Creek, BC
Knowledge of the oil and gas sector would be an asset. Development is required for two geography courses as part of a two year diploma….
development is required for two geography courses as part of a two year diploma program in Archaeology. The course topics requiring redevelopment or full development include GEOG 250: Cartography: Map and Airphoto Interpretation and GEOG 260: Introduction to Geographical Information Systems. Applicants can apply to develop one or both of the courses. Course development deliverables will include some or all of the following:
- Redevelop official course outline including course description, textbook selection, learning outcomes;
- Summary document highlighting take away points for each lecture;
- Lecture content for each teaching session (approximately 26 X 1.5 hr blocks) in Microsoft Power Point format. Note that a typical semester consists of 13 weeks for lectures plus a one week period for delivery of the final exam;
- In Microsoft Word format, assessment tools as per the course outline: all assignment documents in a format ready for distribution to studentsexams and quizzes reflecting course content in a format ready for distribution to students;
- Lesson plans in Microsoft Word or Excel format outlining content and activities for each session (approximately 26 X 1.5 hr blocks);
- Course syllabus outlining instructor expectations, material covered, assigned readings; and
- Additional resources such as discussion points or other activities.
The preferred educational qualification is a Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as Geographical Information Systems or Geography. Preference will be given to applicants with work experience related to the course topics. Knowledge of the oil and gas sector would be an asset. Experience developing and teaching courses at the post-secondary level is also an asset. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational abilities are required. The successful candidate(s) will have a commitment to working effectively as a team member.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Dawson Creek, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25