OverviewLockheed Martin Corporation Environmental Health & Safety Representative Full Time in Montréal, QC
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Branch Montréal QC CA
Environmental Health & Safety Representative
Perform job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations….
The selected candidate will actively be involved in managing day to day Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H). The candidate will work closely with the business unit Managers, Union and senior leadership team as well with corporate office on all ES&H policies and procedures. The ES&H Manager will maintain all ES&H plant records and be responsible for specific ES&H projects such as Machine guarding, lock out and the overall managing of water waste treatment centre through third party supplier.
• Accountable for departmental budget development and control in line with overall business commitments and corporate objectives
• Responsible for business continuity and building fire and life safety system.
• Develop, implement and control ES&H programs in alignment with federal & provincial legislation
• Coordinate and liaise with governmental agencies (e.g. Labour Canada)
• Participate as an auditor to the Peer Audit Program
• Provide leadership to the local ES&H committee
• Implement and modify work programs (back to work & worker compensation)
• Perform job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations
• End to End Responsibility for monitoring adherence to company safety program
• Ensures timely completion of accident/injury reporting and record keeping
• Develop, implement and evaluate health and safety programs and strategies (including training)
• Support environmental programs & track compliance to local regulated requirements
• End to End Responsibility for Environmental and waste pick up contract services are in place
• End to End Responsibility for Lockout tag out and machine guarding programs
• End to End Responsibility to ensure all eye wash stations, emergency showers, first aid kits and fire extinguishers are in compliance
• On-site leader for developing and coordinating all evacuation plans (e.g. Fire, chemical etc.), including acting as local Fire Chief/Evacuation Captain
• Know how to manage files for workers compensation – Commission des normes, de l’équité,
de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST).
• Know how to manage industrial hygiene issues.
Lockheed Martin Canada, headquartered in Ottawa, is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 98,000 people worldwide, including nearly 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 75 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of major programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
• Education: Bachelor degree in management, Environmental occupations health & safety or equivalent experience and education
• A minimum of 7 years of experience is similar position
• In depth knowledge of Federal legislation related to ES&H
• Solid understanding of Government procedures
• Experience with corporate regulations
• Technical qualifications: Computer skills, information researcher, political skills
• Ability to summarize, writing and verbal communication, interpersonal relations, comprehension of the strategic stakes, team work – knowledge sharing, autonomous, results oriented.
• Special working conditions: Be on call. Presence may be required on shifts (afternoon, night, weekends)
• Fluent in French & English
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
• Integrity, respect, honesty and judgment
• Innovation – creativity, initiative, motivation & perseverance
• Team work – knowledge sharing & interpersonal relations (internal/external)
• Attention to detail, analytical and critical thinking and problem solver
• Capacity to adapt & priority management
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montréal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10