Konextz Career Services Application Test Analyst Contract in Calgary, AB
Konextz Career Services
Branch Calgary AB CA
Application Test Analyst
Management of HP Quality Center deployments. Control program/project(s) test assets (Test Plan, Test Cases, TestScripts, Problem Management, etc) and reporting,…
Our client is seeking some test analysts for an upcoming project in either Calgary or Edmonton. The primary focus of the Senior Test Analyst may or may not include some or all of the following: perform testing activities, report to a lead or test manager, adhering to approved testing methodologies on all projects within the program ensuring a high level of excellence is reached.
Being able to contribute will require advanced abilities in the following areas:
- Provide effective communication regarding issues, objectives, initiatives and performance to teams, peers and management.
- Assess testing requirements and provide estimates of testing effort andresources
- Use a risk management approach to develop test plans, cases and scriptsand prioritize test execution based on level of risk
- Maintain and enforce testing methodology (planning, preparing,executing, evaluating)
- Ensure quality and completeness of test deliverables
- Use preventative testing techniques such as peer reviews and walk through including appropriate testing documentation
- Ensure test data is adequate and compliant to privacy andconfidentiality rules
- Report overall status of testing activities and summarize issuesencountered
- Establish and ensure the Problem Resolution Process is followed in identifying, tracking, reporting and resolving defects/issues
- Identify and report the level of risk associated with unresolved issues,following escalation processes where required
- Recommend a go/no go action based on test results
- Control program/project(s) test assets (Test Plan, Test Cases, TestScripts, Problem Management, etc) and reporting, ensuring standards as defined by the Quality Assurance office, are met
- Automation, Environments and Tools
- Responsible for driving process improvements to QA release managementprocess through post mortems, project and task management and working cross-functionally to incorporate stakeholders’ needs.
- Help improve the system architecture, performance, reliability, andscalability, of applications and supporting platforms through automated and performance testing.
- Oversee performance management and monitoring framework, includingperformance monitoring development activities to ensure application performance does not degrade and performance and load testing to understand application limitations and constraints and supporting communication plan of findings, both internal and external.
- Coordinate performance testing across multiple development teams, with aclear understanding of cross-team dependencies that will ensure overall system / application performance.
- Ownership and adoption of automation testing framework in an effort toreduce overall regression testing timeframe and continuous deployment
- Responsible for enhancement, support, and maintaining architectural integrity of the QA process, test automation, and the release process asthe organization continues to grow.
- Maintain and oversee the use of company accepted testing tools during thelife of the program
- Management of HP Quality Center deployments
- Analyze the impact of change on test environments, test plans andintegration
- Identify and understand any cross systems impacts of the project
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 + years manual and/or automated testing using HP, Worksoft, or otherindustry leading tools.
- Analytical and logical competencies
If this sounds like you, please reply with an updated resume by following the links below.
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, but only qualified applicants will be contacted further.
Job Type: Contract
- Manual and Automated testing tools: 1 year
- system architecture, performance, reliability, and scalability, of applications and platforms: 1 year
- Application Testing: 5 years
- SAP: 3 years
- Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Problem Management, etc: 2 years