OverviewIkea HR Generalist Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Help achieve staff cost P&L objectives through the monitoring and analysis of HR key performance indicators. Experience in the collection and analysis of local…
To assist the HR Manager in actively leading, implementing and supporting all HR initiatives in our Halifax store. This is a hands-on role in a wide range of HR disciplines including recruiting, employee advocacy and talent management.
Your tasks will include:
- Supporting the effective recruitment and retention of our co-workers and managers.
- Ensuring that the personal and professional development of our co-workers and managers is a priority by consistently championing development, training, mentoring, coaching and succession planning programs and processes.
- Encourage and support a high level of problem solving, mediation and counseling skills in the management team. In addition all forms of recognition must be emphasized.
- Help achieve staff cost P&L objectives through the monitoring and analysis of HR key performance indicators.
- Communicate, monitor and provide advice on, all IKEA HR Policies and Procedures.
- Support diversity and work-life balance initiatives.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Highly developed collaborative leadership skills with an emphasis on change management and effective communication.
- Proven administrative skills in an HRMS environment
- A willingness and ability to share your knowledge and experience with others utilizing mentoring and coaching techniques.
- A background in Labour Relations with an emphasis on mediation and counseling.
- Recruiting and Learning and Development (including Facilitation) experience.
- Experience in the collection and analysis of local market demographic, economic and labor facts and figures.
- Knowledge of National, Provincial, and Local Employment laws and standards.
- 2 – 4 years of Human Resources experience preferably in a retail environment.
- University or College degree in Human Resources Management.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-18