OverviewGardewine Tractor Mechanic Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Personal protective equipment must be worn. Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills….
Reporting to the Tractor Maintenance Foreman, this position is responsible for all types of routine maintenance on our Tractor fleet. Some repairs of other equipment may be required. Work and cooperate with all external and internal customers to ensure a high level of customer service.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform preventative maintenance checks and servicing
- Complete electrical, interior, air brake system, tire, body repairs and welding as required
- Assist in other types of repairs or general maintenance
- Facilitate safety inspections
- Repair/replace equipment when appropriate
- Assess equipment to see if they require to be sent out for repair
- Recognize and report faults or malfunctions on all company equipment
- Coordinate with other maintenance staff and the terminal to determine priorities for equipment repair
- Maintain an organized and clean work area
- Perform all work in a safe manner and comply with all Gardewine safe work practices, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned and required
High School diploma with minimum of two years’ experience working in a fast paced and deadline driven Maintenance Department. Knowledge and experience in preventative maintenance including electrical, interior, air brake systems, tire, welding and body maintenance. Government Inspection Certification preferred. Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills. Proven demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision all the while being a team player. Basic set of hand tools required.
Physical demands of Tractor Mechanic position are above average. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, bend and twist consistently, and stand all day. Required to climb in and out of tractor/trailer. Need to have a good sense of balance with hand and foot coordination with ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights. Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season. Must be able to operate power equipment. Personal protective equipment must be worn.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10