OverviewBuilding Inspection Administrator in Markham, ON
City of Markham
Branch Markham ON CA
Building Inspection Administrator
during the construction of buildings. Ensure the… of construction management Demonstrated knowledge of the Building Code Act and the Ontario Building Code…
Applications are now being accepted for the Building Inspection Administrator in the Development Services Commission. Please submit your resume on line at www.markham.ca . Please note that CUPE Local 905 members will be given first consideration.
Reporting to the Manager – Building Inspections, conducts technical assignments and provides administrative leadership in support of the Inspection Section’s teams. The focus of the position is to effect efficiency/productivity improvements and promote customer satisfaction. This position is the primary point of contact for internal and external customers.
Duties may include but not limited to:
– Review technical reports submitted by engineers and architects during the construction of buildings. Ensure the report is complete. Follow up on deficiencies
– Maintain the data for a monthly scorecard for Key Performance Indicators
– Administers and coordinates the Inspection Section Alternative Solutions Registry
– Produce various monthly reports
– Administer the Dormant Building Permit Program. Track data, notify owners, set up inspections, and arrange current permits.
– Issue Orders to Comply as required
– Develop building inspection promotional material and programs
– Conduct homeowner clinics as required
– Create and run reports utilizing Query Language
– Analysis technical data to determine builder compliance
– Create orders and Notices issued under the Building Code Act, notices to new permit holders, certificates of complaints received internal and external clients, Legal action requests and data validation.
– Update the Standard practices and guidelines document for the efficient and accurate use of AMANDA
– Provide guidance and training on AMANDA as needed
– Coordinate Duty Inspection Program
Qualifications and Skills:
Community College diploma at the technologist level in Architecture, Building Science or related discipline
Certificates in the following Municipal Affairs and Housing Courses:
Part 9 (The House Building Envelope, Structural Requirements, the House Health and Safety), Part 8 (On-site Sewage Systems), Part 3 (Classification and Construction), Building Plumbing Inspections, Administration of the OBC Act.
Minimum of 2 years related work experience
A good understanding of construction management
Demonstrated knowledge of the Building Code Act and the Ontario Building Code
Proficiency in Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint, Word, AMAMDA, SQL and HTML is required
Experience with Pagemaker, Illustrator, Photoshop preferred
Demonstrated competency with Customer Focus, Team Oriented, Effective Communication, and Continuous Improvement
Ability to read architectural drawings and technical interaction with building inspectors
Ability to create and run reports utilizing Query Language
Demonstrated ability to multitask, and work in a fast paced environment while meeting deadlines.
Analytical, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Eligible for membership with OACETT, OAA, AATO or PEO
We thank all those applicants who have applied however only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted. Please respect our scent free area by not wearing scented products when visiting the office.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Markham, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-20