OverviewYWCA Saskatoon Lifeguard/Swim Instructors Part Time in Saskatoon, SK
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Serving as the direct point of contact for all patrons using the aquatic facility of Fitness on 25th, the Lifeguard/Instructor is responsible for the safety and…
Position Summary: Serving as the direct point of contact for all patrons using the aquatic facility of Fitness on 25th, the Lifeguard/Instructor is responsible for the safety and instruction of the patrons during their use of the facility.
Position Reporting: Head Life Guard, YWCA Fitness on 25th
Hours of Work: Flexible/Part–time, Weekends, Evenings. Multiple part-time/flexible lifeguarding/swimming instructing positions are available immediately. The appropriate candidate must be available to work Saturdays, Sundays, and evenings. This job is excellent for students or for lifeguards wanting part-time flexible work.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Working as part of a collaborative team:
- Providing knowledge and information while ensuring the safety of all patrons
- Performing basic first aid skills and water safety skills as required
- Lifeguarding aquatic classes and lane swimming
- Providing quality instruction through the teaching of Red Cross swimming lessons from levels from preschool to level 10
- Responsible for writing up lessons plans, taking attendance of classes, writing up report cards, and to successfully evaluate each class as a whole and individually
- Perform related duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Grade 10 Education
- Must have current WSI (Water Safety Instructor Course)
- Must have current NLS (Pool Option) or Red Cross Pool Lifeguard
- Must have current updated standard First Aid and CPR and AED
How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
Please submit resume and cover letter by 4:00 p.m. January 18, 2018
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10