OverviewYork Region Space Design and Accommodation Coordinator Temporary in Newmarket, ON
Branch Newmarket ON CA
Space Design and Accommodation Coordinator
Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Interior/Environmental Design or Architectural/Engineering Design Technician program or related field or…
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community. Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Space and Furniture Design Services, is responsible for overseeing space planning projects and coordinating furniture configuration and moves for client Departments; overseeing all project requirements; consulting with end users and maintaining space and furniture standards; establishing scope of work and providing budget estimates and schedules related to procurement of furniture; providing designing and drafting space planning drawings for capital projects, renovations, furniture reconfigurations moves, adds and changes using computer aided design software; developing and maintaining electronic databases; providing technical service and direction to consultants; and assisting with furniture procurements/disposition and installation activities.
• Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Interior/Environmental Design or Architectural/Engineering Design Technician program or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum three (3) years related experience in a Facility Management/Space Planning role using AutoCAD with responsibilities for furniture and space planning and design.
• Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act legislation/ergonomic standards.
• Demonstrated knowledge of furniture systems and design/pre-design principals related to space planning.
• Valid Class “G” driver’s license and a reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
• Knowledge of planning methods, project development, contract document preparation and building systems and standards.
• Knowledge of applicable Federal and Provincial Building Codes and Municipal By-laws.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
• Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD, intermediate proficiency in MS Office software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and Access applications, and working knowledge of furniture asset management software (e.g. Cap Studio 2020, Project etc).
• Demonstrated leadership skills to lead and coordinate projects to meet project goals and targets.
• Good interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills to resolve space planning issues.
• Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply on-line by December 12, 2016, quoting competition #19929. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$34.96 – $37.99 per hour. This is a Union position.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Newmarket, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-04