OverviewYork Region Project Manager – Housing Services Full Time in Newmarket, ON
Branch Newmarket ON CA
Project Manager – Housing Services
Knowledge of the theory, principles and practices related to building design, construction, architectural and engineering principles….
Reporting to the Manager, Technical Services Housing & LTC, is responsible for coordinating the implementation of capital projects for housing facilities owned and managed by Housing York, the facilities owned and managed by the Region and assigned homeless shelters; providing project management services to housing providers; supervising a technical team in the design, planning and contract management of assigned multi-unit residential housing, program area and shelter related capital renovation and construction projects; providing guidance and technical assistance to Regionally funded housing providers in the identification, procurement and implementation of capital upgrades; providing technical consulting advice, ensuring compliance with legislation, contributing to annual plans and policies and conducting research on industry trends and equipment; acting as liaison between contractors, consultants, owner/operators, housing provider boards, other project leaders and the Region to ensure that all aspects of these projects are performed effectively, including financial tracking and control.
• Successful completion of a University Degree in Architecture or Engineering Sciences or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or demonstrate an equivalent through project management experience.
• Minimum five (5) years experience in the design and construction of a variety of building types, including multi-residential housing, involving the development of plans and specifications, contract and project management activities, financial monitoring, leading multiple project teams and demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience.
• Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
• Knowledge of the theory, principles and practices related to building design, construction, architectural and engineering principles.
• Excellent knowledge of applicable Federal/Provincial Building Codes, the Construction Lien Act, Municipal By-Laws and other relevant Standards, Acts and Regulations.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management.
• Demonstration of Departmental competencies, including flexibility and adaptability, accountability, strategic thinking, innovation and creativity, and collaboration.
• Management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision making/judgment, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
• Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications and knowledge of construction control software such as AutoCAD, MS Project and Capital Planning Priority Systems.
• Contemporary staff supervisory skills including knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, labour relations principles and practices, and relevant employment legislation.
• Demonstrated proven project and contract management skills and ability to effectively supervise contractors, consultant, conduct inspections, evaluate work in progress and identify/resolve deficiencies.
• Communication skills to effectively interact with Regional staff, consultants, contractors, external agencies and stakeholders.
• Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects with conflicting/competing timelines.
• Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at www.york.ca by April 1, 2015, quoting competition #17215. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.
$92,163 – $104,669 annually
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Newmarket, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23