OverviewYork Region MRO Material Management Coordinator Full Time in Newmarket, ON
Branch Newmarket ON CA
MRO Material Management Coordinator
Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) or Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) designation….
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Reporting to Program Manager, OMM Business Improvement, is responsible for coordinating purchasing functions within the Operations, Maintenance and Monitoring Branch and developing supplier agreements, in consultation with Supplies and Services Branch; implementing and managing MRO inventory and ensuring compliance with the Regional Purchasing by-law, policy and procedures.
• Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Business Administration or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) or Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) designation.
• Minimum three (3) years material management experience including experience with on-line purchasing systems and project management methodology.
• Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
• Knowledge of general office procedures.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, teamwork, initiative/self-management and accountability and flexibility/adaptability.
• Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications, including presentation and scheduling applications and proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet applications; knowledge of maintenance management software tools such as MAXIMO or other CWMS system.
• Demonstrated writing skills to prepare draft correspondence and reports related to programs and services delivered using templates and from rough copy.
• Demonstrated ability to research/investigate issues and sound decision making skills to resolve problems and/or escalate as appropriate.
• Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply on-line by June 13, 2016, quoting competition #19120. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$30.18 – $32.79 per hour. This is a Union position.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Newmarket, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-03