OverviewYork Region ITS Graphic Designer Temporary in Newmarket, ON
Branch Newmarket ON CA
ITS Graphic Designer
Design, Illustrator, Keynote, etc.). Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Web Development, Communications, Computer Science, Graphic Design…
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
York Region is one of Canada’s fastest growing municipalities and as part of our diverse and highly engaged team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects that foster economic vitality, further a sustainable environment, enhance our public services and promote a healthy community. York Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve. At the Region, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Reporting to the, Manager, IT Services, is responsible for planning, developing and creating visual content for use in Information Technology Services (ITS) Branch; preparing graphic communications materials that simplify technical information and concepts for end-users and decision makers; providing consistent reader and viewer friendly graphic designs and updates of communication materials to enhance the delivery and effectiveness of Branch communications.
• Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Web Development, Communications, Computer Science, Graphic Design or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience in graphic design using a variety of media for diverse audiences.
• Demonstrated experience using a wide variety of communication strategies for graphic design.
• Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
• Demonstrated knowledge of traditional and new marketing concepts, communications technologies, printing process, and graphic design technology.
• Thorough knowledge and demonstrated ability in computerized design and related software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Keynote, etc.)
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
• Demonstrated writing and presentation skills to communicate information to diverse audiences and support established project objectives.
• Project leadership skills to support or lead multiple design projects and ensure deliverables within required timelines.
• Ability to utilize MS Office software applications.
• Ability to apply the principles of graphic design to support and enhance marketing initiatives.
• Ability to work outside regular business hours as required.
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply on-line by April 1, 2015, quoting competition #17219. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$34.96 – $37.99 per hour. This is a Union position.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Newmarket, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21