OverviewYork Region Investment and Cash Management Analyst Temporary in Newmarket, ON
Branch Newmarket ON CA
Investment and Cash Management Analyst
Demonstrated leadership, negotiating and project management skills. Thorough understanding of accounting principles as they apply to investment management….
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community. Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Reporting to the Manager, Investments and Cash Management, is responsible for analysing short-term cash flows of the Region, Move Ontario Trust (MOT) and external municipal clients; analysing security holdings to assist in strategy development for the various portfolios managed; analysing liquidity levels and calculating opportunity costs; monitoring security positions of all portfolios to ensure compliance with investment policies and provincial regulations; administering the Region’s short-term borrowing and securities lending programs, verifying accuracy of all investment transactions and safekeeping accounts, and preparing monthly and other periodic investment reports.
• Successful completion of a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, or Economics and advanced standing towards the completion of a recognized accounting designation (e.g. CA, CMA, CGA) or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum three (3) years financial or investment experience in a large multi-divisional organization including experience in financial analysis and forecasting as well as exposure to project management.
• Demonstrated experience in the analysis, design and creation of computerized financial models.
• Thorough understanding of accounting principles as they apply to investment management.
• Sound knowledge of financial and economic principles and practices and the workings of capital markets, both domestically and internationally.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
• Demonstrated leadership, negotiating and project management skills.
• Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software applications.
• Ability to present recommendations, make presentations to a varied audiences, local municipal staff and members of the public.
• Ability to work in a stress oriented high pressure environment and ability to make timely and expeditious decisions.
• Ability to attend at off site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
• Ability to work outside of normal business hours, as required.
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply on-line by November 7, 2016, quoting competition #19763. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$44.00 – $47.81 per hour. This is a Union position.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Newmarket, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-30