OverviewYork Region Family Visitor Temporary in Newmarket, ON
Branch Newmarket ON CA
Successful completion of a Post Secondary Certificate or Diploma (1 year or more) in health, social services, child development, early childhood education or…
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Reporting to the Manager, Child and Family Health, and as a member of the Healthy Babies, Healthy Children (HBHC) home visiting team, provides support activities to families who are pregnant and/or with young children at high risk of not meeting developmental milestones, within the guidelines of the Ontario HBHC Program, including home and community visiting, telephone and family support activities.
• Successful completion of a Post Secondary Certificate or Diploma (1 year or more) in health, social services, child development, early childhood education or related discipline, or approved equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience in early childhood settings providing guidance to families about parenting or experience working with infants or young children.
• Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check.
• Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and a reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, teamwork, judgement, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
• Knowledge of normal child growth and development and effective parenting strategies.
• Knowledge of community resources for families living in the Region.
• Strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability and sensitivity to work with various cultural groups reflective of the diversity in the Region and to work with families experiencing multiple/complex stressors including family violence, mental illness and physical/developmental disability.
• Ability to use a computer for data entry and retrieval and to use standard office equipment (e.g. telephone, voicemail, email, fax, and photocopier).
• Ability to work outside of normal business hours, on occasion, as required.
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply on-line by May 30, 2016, quoting competition #19055. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$26.18 – $28.44 per hour. This is a Union position.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Newmarket, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19