OverviewYork Region Construction Services Coordinator Full Time in Newmarket, ON
Branch Newmarket ON CA
Construction Services Coordinator
Reporting to the Project Manager, Housing Services, is responsible for co-ordinating technical services capital, preventative maintenance and related projects…
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community. Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Reporting to the Project Manager, Housing Services, is responsible for co-ordinating technical services capital, preventative maintenance and related projects within residential properties; supporting the tendering process within Housing York Inc. to minimize disruptions to building operations and the residents; co-ordinating contractor’s capital works projects; maintaining computerized data base including analysis of data and preparation of summary reports regarding the status of various housing projects; and reviewing and processing progress payments and invoices.
• Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Business Studies or Social Sciences or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a computerized office environment involving administrative financial and database management responsibilities related to maintenance, construction and contract administration and familiarity with building operations.
• Comprehensive knowledge of general office practices including general contract administration procedures and project management processes.
• Functional knowledge of database products and ability to develop database applications to capture data and information related to capital works and new construction projects.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices to process accounts payable.
• Basic knowledge of related legislation, policies, procurement and legal procedures related to tendering process, residential tenancies and building construction and maintenance, particularly in a social housing environment.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
• Mathematical and analytical skills to verify and process invoices, calculate bid securities, holdbacks and discounts and/or investigate and resolve discrepancies.
• Good writing skills and attention to detail for the preparation of tender documents, correspondence, contracts, reports and business briefing notes.
• Good interpersonal skills to respond to tenant concerns and coordinate schedules with contractors.
• Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation applications.
• Ability to travel to offsite locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
• Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply on-line by November 14, 2016, quoting competition #19768. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$28.63 – $31.13 per hour. This is a Union position.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Newmarket, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01