OverviewYork Region Asset Management Project Engineer Temporary in Newmarket, ON
Branch Newmarket ON CA
Asset Management Project Engineer
Ability to interpret engineering drawings and documents. Successful completion of a University Degree in Structural Engineering from an accredited university….
Reporting to the Program Manager, Infrastructure Asset Management, is responsible for developing and implementing asset management programs/projects, including both direct projects and those completed through funded housing providers; developing and implementing condition assessments, rehabilitation and replacement programs and maintenance of infrastructure data systems; participating in the development of a long term strategic asset management plan, multi-year capital plans, forecasting, other plans and studies; and providing project management, overseeing of specified data collection and analysis and consultant services.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Structural Engineering from an accredited university.
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) with the Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Minimum five (5) years of demonstrated project management experience (inclusive of EIT experience) in the areas of structural engineering, planning and design of multi-residential facilities including financial management experience.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” drivers license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Experience in developing workout strategies for multi residential projects in financial or management difficulty.
- Thorough knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Social Housing Reform Act and related legislation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Planning process and the planning issues pertaining to multi-residential housing.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, scheduling and presentation software and excellent AutoCad skills.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills to work with volunteer boards in complex and sensitive situations.
- Ability to work in an environment of respect and support with community agencies and assisting them to develop asset management strategies for multi-residential facilities.
- Demonstrated report writing skills to meet program objectives and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and documents.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at www.york.ca by February 4, 2015, quoting competition #16974. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.
$49.52 – $53.83 per hour. This is a Union position.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Newmarket, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24