OverviewYMCA’s of Québec Qualified Educator Full Time in Montréal, QC
YMCA’s of Québec
Branch Montréal QC CA
DEC in early childhood education. Accomplishes all tasks related to children’s education, hygiene, health and safety….
Reporting to the Director, Child Development, the successfull candidate’s primary mandate is to develop and consolidate programs and projects according to the child’s age and evolution by using the YMCA’s educational approach: “YMCA Playing to Learn”. S/he will contribute to ensuring the daycare is a safe and pleasant environment. In addition, s/he will work directly with the educators to create educational activities with the parents in order to ensure a harmonious transition from the child’s home and the daycare.
- Supervises the children continuously.
- Accomplishes all tasks related to children’s education, hygiene, health and safety.
- Ensures customer service excellence and quality relations and interventions.
- Plans, animates and evaluates the daily activities according to the children’s interests and the daycare’s general education program.
- Communicates (frequently) with the parents regarding the child’s needs and development.
- Collaborates with the other team members to develop new initiatives relevant to the daycare.
- Attends and actively participates in team meetings and training sessions.
- Adheres to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures
- Understands and integrates the value of philanthropy in the position and Association, and participates in the Annual Campaign and/or other fundraising events.
- Certification recognized by the Ministry of Family and Seniors: DEC in early childhood education.
- AEC in education + 4992 hours of experience in a preschool daycare setting.
- Familiarity with the “Accueillir la petite enfance” program.
- Proficient with the use of Word.
- Fluent in French (written and spoken) and proficient in English (spoken), bilingualism is an asset.
- Experience in volunteering and/or in a community organization (an asset).
- Have no criminal record in connection with the employment.
COMPETENCIES Professional collaboration and teamwork: Ability to work and collaborate with different types of people and to draw on each of their strengths in order to achieve the expected results.
Organizational and interpersonal communication: Ability to listen actively, encourage the expression of ideas, foster constructive dialogue and to express yourself verbally and in writing with clarity, transparency, accuracy, consistency and with respect for others.
Innovation and continuous improvement: Ability to continuously search for innovative approaches and ways of improving, standing out and meeting or exceeding expected results.
Work management: Ability to effectively manage time and resources in order to carry out work effectively and achieve expected results.
CONDITIONS Location : du Parc YMCA Daycares/Ubisoft
Status : Full-time
Starting salary : In accordance with the YMCA salary scale
Schedule: 35 hours per week
Employment Start Date : As soon as possible
Application Deadline : Septembre 30, 2015
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24