OverviewYMCA’s of Québec Japanese Language Teacher Part Time in Montréal, QC
YMCA’s of Québec
Branch Montréal QC CA
Japanese Language Teacher
Evaluate students in terms of writing and speaking. Under the supervision of the Pedagogical Advisor of the Foreign Language Department, the Japanese teacher is…
Under the supervision of the Pedagogical Advisor of the Foreign Language Department, the Japanese teacher is responsible for following the YMCA course syllabus and creating relevant, fun and interesting lessons which will aid students to acquire the language. The candidate will also be required to create mid-term and final exams which will reflect and evaluate what was taught in the class. He or she will be expected to execute administrative tasks correctly and on time. He or she may also be asked to collaborate with other teachers in the creation of pedagogical material to enrich the program.
- Teach Japanese to adults.
- Prepare grammar classes and conversation activities.
- Create mid-term and final exams for courses taught.
- Correct students’ homework and exams.
- Evaluate students in terms of writing and speaking.
- Fill-our written attestations for each student in class.
- Complete administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Collaborate on or create pedagogical materials for the Japanese department.
- Evaluate entering students and place them in the appropriate class level.
- Adhere to and respect the YMCA Language School’s policies and procedures
- Understand and integrate the value of philanthropy in both specific position and Association, and participate in the Annual Campaign and/or other fundraising events.
- Have a university degree.
- Have a minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
- Be at ease in both French and English
- Japanese bilingual.
- Able to create pedagogical material for the language school if or when needed
- Have computer skills and be at ease with Windows and Word.
- Have no criminal record in connection with the employment.
QUALIFICATIONS Participan t focused: Commits to assisting each participant (child or adult) in the development of new skills in a fun and safe manner.
Self-Management: Works independently with minimal supervision. Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and support information sharing and goal achievement across the YMCA.
Integrit y : Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
Teamwork: Ability to work on a team by helping out other instructors or receving help when nessecary.
Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual’s YMCA experience.
CONDITIONS Location: YMCA International Language School
Salary: Depending on the YMCA Scale
Work Schedule : Flexible, Monday to Friday evenings and Saturday mornings
Employment Start Date: As soon as possible
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23