OverviewYMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka Employment Specialist – Youth Job Connection Program Contract in Midland, ON
YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Branch Midland ON CA
Employment Specialist – Youth Job Connection Program
Post-secondary education in social services, career counselling, education, or other related field. Explore, identify and clarify client interests, abilities ,…
• Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
• Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
• Assess eligibility and suitability of youth applicants
• Explore, identify and clarify client interests, abilities , skill, education and experience in relation to short and long term career and employment goals
• Facilitate pre-employment training workshops for youth
• Outreach and promotion to high schools, community organizations and employers to engage program partners
• Help youth set realistic goals and support them in their transition to the workforce
• Assist with the monitoring, follow up, and support given to youth throughout the pre-employment and placement cycles
• Contact potential employers to facilitate the development of job placements, and other employment-related opportunities, which meet the needs of youth
• Assess workplace environments and employers to determine overall suitability for youth placement; negotiate job placements for program participants
• Provide assistance to employers to develop training plans for youth
• Coach employers and youth to ensure successful outcomes
• Maintain client and employer files and data to YMCA and government funder standards
• Post-secondary education in social services, career counselling, education, or other related field
• Two years of experience working in an environment coaching/developing people and youth, both in one-on-one and group settings
• Experience conducting outreach to youth
• Strong facilitation skills with an understanding of principles of learning for youth
• Knowledge of the local labour market and related trends
• Must be self-motivated and a strong team player
• Ability to troubleshoot and manage crisis situations
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, maintaining confidentiality at all times; strong negotiation skills
• Proficient application of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Class G license and access to a vehicle
• Updated CPR certification is an asset
• Experience counselling, coaching or mentoring youth in a community-based program setting is a definite asset
• French/English proficiency an asset
• Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
• Mandated training (including AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment, Health & Safety Awareness, Child Protection, etc.) is required before or shortly after commencement of work
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered are invited to send a resume and cover letter to:
Project Lead, Youth Job Connection
YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Fax: 705 528-0846
Email: [email protected]
Applications will remain open until December 09, 2016.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Midland, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06