OverviewYMCA of Hamilton Burlington Brantford Membership Associate Part Time in Flamborough, ON
YMCA of Hamilton Burlington Brantford
Branch Flamborough ON CA
The successful incumbent will have responsibilities in facilitating personal financial assistance interviews and coordinating administrative functions related…
This position provides assistance and communication to members and potential members in the areas of registration and information. All positions will require an availability to work a flexible schedule; required shifts include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays. The successful incumbent will have responsibilities in facilitating personal financial assistance interviews and coordinating administrative functions related to the Membership Sales & Service area and the provision of excellent customer service to members, participants, staff and volunteers.
Advancement of pay rate is dependent on working a minimum of six months (per position if more than one position is held within YMCA) consecutively or a minimum of 130 hours and the ability to perform the job at a satisfactory level. Successful candidates must also demonstrate ongoing professional development, involvement in branch specific activities, attend staff meetings/trainings and achieve an assessment of “meeting expectations” on each annual performance review in order to satisfy eligibility for Association approved merit increases.
- Play a key role at the information hub of the branch
- Data entry utilizing CLASS Software
- Conducts personal financial assistance interviews exercising sound judgment and confidentiality
- Administrative responsibilities and support to the Membership Manager in ensuring the membership processes are followed to standard; front line role in processing memberships, cancellations, Membership Agreement forms, and branch communication
- Provide excellence in customer service at member point of access
- Member access responsibilities including use of Class Software and member account interpretation
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in a customer service and/or sales setting
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Windows applications
- Current Police Records Check
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Ensures that success criteria for self, staff and programs are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery.
Does the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts (AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate contacting our Human Resources Department.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01