OverviewYMCA of Hamilton Burlington Brantford Beyond the Bell Educator Part Time in Hamilton, ON
YMCA of Hamilton Burlington Brantford
Branch Hamilton ON CA
Beyond the Bell Educator
Effective time management skills; Commitment to delivering programs for children. Ensures safe, quality programs for participants and staff….
The Beyond the Bell Educator reports directly to the Beyond the Bell Supervisor. This position is responsible for the supervision of children, creating and facilitating the delivery of safe, age appropriate programming in an after-school program. The Educator is dedicated to improving children’s academic competencies, values and physical well being.
- Ensures safe, quality programs for participants and staff
- Collaborates with other staff, including the Supervisor, to ensure compliance of YMCA program standards
- Responsible for the completion and submission of weekly reports, evaluations and daily documentation with a focus on detail and accuracy
- Maintenance and evaluation of program equipment and materials
- Will identify problems and ensure issues are addressed by the appropriate manager/supervisor
- Models and complies with policies, procedures, best practices and employee expectations as established by the YMCA
- Works closely with the Beyond the Bell Supervisor ensuring program plans and activities are coordinated and meet the developmental and academic requirements of the program participants
- Available to work a regular schedule from 2:45 p.m. to 5:30p.m., however, is able to maintain flexibility in his/her schedule to manage issues, concerns and problems as they may arise
- Attends staff training and professional development activities as required
- Post secondary education enrollment in a college or university program, preferably in child development and related fields
- 2 years experience working with children in direct program delivery
- Commitment to delivering programs for children
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Effective time management skills; must be able to plan and prioritize work assignments
- Self motivated and able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of child development and related “new” research
- Ability to manage physical requirement of moving, unpacking and setting up program supplies and equipment on a regular basis
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the Mission, Vision and Strategic Outcomes and Values of the YMCA.
Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievements across the YMCA.
Planning and Organizing
Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term work goals.
Ensures that success criteria for self, staff and programs are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery.
Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts (AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate contacting our Human Resources Department.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18