OverviewYMCA of Greater Saint John Regional Y Child Care & After School Program Supervisor Full Time in Saint John, NB
YMCA of Greater Saint John
Branch Saint John NB CA
Regional Y Child Care & After School Program Supervisor
Saint John, NB
Management of Policies and Procedures. Development and management of centre budgets. Experience in recruitment, hiring, performance management and training of…
The YMCA of Greater Saint John responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. By nurturing the potential of children, youth and adults, the YMCA connects people to life-building opportunities, as well as to each other and enhances their quality of life. The YMCA of Greater Saint John offers a diverse set of programs at 12 locations in the city and surrounding municipalities.
The Saint John Regional Y offers Infant Care (12-24 months), Child Care (2-5yrs) and After School Programming (5-12yrs). Our licensed program follows not only the NB Curriculum but also the national YMCA Playing to Learn Curriculum, which is designed specifically to guide the development of your child.
Reporting to the VP, Child Care and Camping, the Supervisor provides supervision and coaching to staff, volunteers and students within the Saint John Regional Y Child Care and After School Program ensuring program excellence. The Supervisor will provide leadership and on-site coaching to staff team ensuring program excellence. The Supervisor will provide leadership and stability in the development and delivery of programs. The Supervisor will also provide leadership in the set-up and day-to-day operational activities including the recruitment, management and supervision of the Regional Y Child Care and After School Program team.
The Supervisor is responsible for the Saint John Regional Y Child Care Centre and its Team, and the care of children and families the community centre serves.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Delivery of a quality Child Care and After School Program.
- Supervising staff Team and volunteers.
- Management of Policies and Procedures.
- Community building, partnerships and relationships.
- Marketing and communication.
- Understands and complies with the New Brunswick Childcare Facilities Standards. Plans and implements a consistent child centered program in accordance with YMCA and New Brunswick standards. Understands and complies with YMCA Playing to Learn Curriculum and the New Brunswick Curriculum Framework.
- Demonstrates a commitment to children’s learning and is responsive to research.
- To manage and coordinate the day-to-day operations of respective programs and to be the direct contact person for participants and referrals.
- Development and management of centre budgets. Manage to be on or above target monthly. Ensure accounts receivables are kept current and collections policies followed.
- To ensure that all arrangements are made for effective program delivery including space, facilitation, child care, materials, supplies and snacks.
- Work with City of Saint John and Anglophone South School District. Maintain good communication with all aspects of program and any issues that may arise.
- Direct supervision, recruitment and performance management of Child Care, After School, and Day Camp.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- ECE Certificate or related degree.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a Child Care, After-School or Youth program.
- Supervisory experience. Experience in recruitment, hiring, performance management and training of employees.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills including written and verbal, a team player.
- Strong understanding of NB Curriculum Framework.
- Understanding of the YMCA Playing to Learn is an asset.
- Medical Certificate, First Aid and CPR.
- Employment is contingent on having a clean Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search. You will also be required to complete a Social Development Record Check.
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values.
Business Orientation: Develops plans and takes action with a view to developing programs and services that will generate results.
Child and Youth Focused: Commits to assisting growth and development among children and youth.
Diversity : Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring a richness to the YMCA.
Initiative : Does the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Leadership : Guides, motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
If you are interested in being a part of a dynamic team and developing your skills while embarking on the adventure of working for an organization dedicated to strengthening the foundations of community, we would love to hear from you!
Please send your resume and cover letter with the following reference,
Saint John Regional Y Child Care Supervisor to:
Elizabeth Gibson, Human Resource Specialist
[email protected] | Fax: 506-634-0783
Name of Contact or Department: Child Care Application Deadline 24-03-2017 | 8:35 AM
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saint John, NB, CA
Posted on: 2017-03-13