OverviewYMCA of Greater Saint John Membership Specialist Part Time in Saint John, NB
YMCA of Greater Saint John
Branch Saint John NB CA
Saint John, NB
Assist in promotion of programs and services. Role models excellent service delivery following YMCA Best Practices in conjunction with achieving set Key…
The Membership Specialist will be working on the Membership team, reporting to the Membership Supervisor/General Manager. In this roll the specialist will be responsible for generating leads for new members, attending external events to promote the Regional Y, deliver tours of the Centre to potential members in addition to answering membership and program questions. Sales metrics will be monitored to ensure accountability and to ensure that targeted goals are successfully met.
The Membership Specialist will also provide support to the Membership Services Team requiring availability to work a rotating schedule which including opening, closing and weekend shifts.
- To promote the benefits of a membership at the Saint John Regional Y.
- Make phone calls to our key demographic to provide information regarding memberships; encourage them to visit the Y for a tour, trial, or to purchase a membership as appropriate.
- To attend external events to build relationships, answer questions, promote the Y, and give out trial passes.
- To greet, engage in conversation and provide exceptional Y experiences.
- To accurately register members for memberships and programs.
- To have knowledge of all programs and services the Y offers, as well as becoming familiar with all departments and staff.
- Answer the telephone with proper call handling techniques and either answer the questions or transfer the call properly within the organization.
- To ensure all messages are taken properly and distributed to the right person promptly.
- To accurately process various types of payments in a timely manner.
- Assist in completing administrative and billing tasks as directed by the Membership Supervisor.
- Assist in promotion of programs and services.
- Maintain a professional work environment through monitoring the ‘Main Street’, adhering to all policies and processes.
- Role models excellent service delivery following YMCA Best Practices in conjunction with achieving set Key Performance Indicators.
- To be responsible for the safety and security of members/participants by following YMCA policies and practices.
- To ensure that all areas are safe, clean and well organized by checking for potential health and safety hazards at all times when on duty and to complete incident report forms when necessary.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ongoing or completed Bachelor’s Degree, Community College diploma or similar from an accredited institution is considered an asset but not required.
- Strong background in direct sales or telemarketing.
- An excellent team player able to share cooperative leadership with other staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer experience working with Microsoft Applications
- First Aid/CPR is an asset, will be provided within first month of employment.
- Employment is contingent on having a clean Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search along with clearance from Department of Social Development.
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes personal understanding of and appreciate for the YMCA mission, vision and values.
Service Orientation : Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual’s YMCA experience.
Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, staff and self in continuous learning and development.
Quality Focus : Ensures that success criteria for self, staff and programs are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery
Concern for Health and Safety : Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others on health and safety concerns.
Leadership : Guides, motivates, and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
If you are interested in being a part of a dynamic team and developing your skills while embarking on the adventure of working for an organization dedicated to strengthening the foundations of community, we would love to hear from you!
Please send your resume and cover letter with the following reference,
Memersbip Specialist to:
Elizabeth Gibson, HR & Office Coordinator
[email protected] Fax: (506)634-0783
Name of Contact or Department: Membership Application Deadline 10-11-2016 | 4:35 PM
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Saint John, NB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01