OverviewYMCA of Greater Saint John Camp Glenburn Director Full Time in Kingston, NB
YMCA of Greater Saint John
Branch Kingston NB CA
Camp Glenburn Director
Management and facilitation of rentals, team building activities and youth outdoor education. Responsible for the key operating areas of human resources,…
The YMCA of Greater Saint John responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. By nurturing the potential of children, youth and adults, the YMCA connects people to life-building opportunities, as well as to each other and enhances their quality of life. The YMCA of Greater Saint John offers a diverse set of programs at 12 locations in the city and surrounding municipalities. There are 250 employees and 1,000 volunteers. In 2015 the YMCA engaged more than 35,000 people in its health, newcomer, childcare and camp programs.
The YMCA’s Camp Glenburn is located on 30 acres of land on the beautiful Belleisle Bay. Camp Glenburn has a summer enrollment of 125 campers and serves groups through the shoulder season with leadership and recreation programs. The Camp Director will oversee the daily operations of the site and programs to ensure the health and safety of participants and staff. Customer service, relationship building, programming and administration will be a major focus of this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the key operating areas of human resources, financial management, program development, program delivery and evaluation.
- Manage camp registrations and support administration.
- Successfully manage camp budget.
- Management and facilitation of rentals, team building activities and youth outdoor education.
- Develop and ensure the financial controls for Camp Glenburn are addressed and adhered to.
- Provides a high standard of customer service to all participants as per SAM standards and other guidelines set from time to time.
- Models appropriate behaviours to staff in line with our Mission, Vision and Values. Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
- Hire, train, coach and lead a strong staff team.
- Promote and market the camp program.
- Actively contribute to the staff team of the Saint John YMCA.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary education in recreation, education or other related field.
- Senior leadership experience in a residential camp setting.
- Strong out tripping background and experience in with a variety of recreation activities.
- Excellent accounting and budgeting skills is preferred.
- Ability to facilitate education and team building programs for youth and adults.
- Ability to effectively support and supervise a seasonal staff of 50.
- Strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent team player and able to work with senior leadership team.
- Strong communication, customer service and public relation skills.
- Computer literate and able to function within Microsoft Office.
- First Aid/CPR.
- CUI Level I or equivalent .
- Must possess Class 5 driver’s license.
- This position will require that the candidate live on site from May to September.
- Employment is contingent on having a clean Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values : Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values.
- Participant focused: Commits to assisting each participant (child or adult) in the development of new skills in a fun and safe manner.
- Self-Management: Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication : Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the YMCA.
- Professionalism : Demonstrates by example, following all work place safety standards and policies.
- Integrity : Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
- Service Oriented: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual’s YMCA experience.
If you are interested in being a part of a dynamic team and developing your skills while embarking on the adventure of working for an organization dedicated to strengthening the foundations of community, we would love to hear from you!
Please send your resume and cover letter with the following reference,
Camp Glenburn Director to:
Elizabeth Gibson, HR & Office Coordinator
[email protected] | Fax: 506-634-0783
Name of Contact or Department: Camping Application Deadline 10-02-2017 | 11:09 AM
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Kingston, NB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24