OverviewYMCA of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo Project Manager: Finance Contract in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
YMCA of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo
Branch Kitchener-Waterloo ON CA
Project Manager: Finance
Efficiency projects in collaboration with the VP of Finance. Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and strong data analysis skills….
Project Manager will be responsible for managing complex projects in a cross-functional environment. Responsible for
managing the complete project life cycle, planning, execution, and closeout to ensure planned results are achieved on time and on
- Provides research and assistance to leadership in the development and design of new projects. Defines the scope of the various
efficiency projects in collaboration with the VP of Finance
- Coordinates the activities of a cross-functional team, and works closely with team to establish and achieve goals
- Manages all assigned projects to completion ensuring on-time delivery, meeting of budgetary demands, and maintaining overall
project ownership. Develops, maintains, and manages detailed project plans, action items, and major milestone timelines for all
- Recommends new process and tools to achieve better reporting and operational efficiencies
- Creates and maintains process workflow documents to support business needs
- Maintains close communication with stakeholders, and acts as a single point of contact for project status
- Provide additional support to the Finance team as required
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills and able to seize opportunities and think creatively
- Planning and organizing skills
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and strong data analysis skills
- Demonstrated decision making skills
- Ability to lead and working collaboratively with all areas of the association in a highly professional manner
- Maintain a positive attitude where conflicting time demands are present
- Demonstrated experience strategic planning and risk management is required
- Must be able to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Approaches all tasks and responsibilities from a customer service perspective
- Must provide a current criminal record check as per Association policy
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner to support information sharing.
Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help achieve desired results.
Initiative: Knows when to do the right thing.
Relationship Building and Collaboration: Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to create enthusiasm and appreciation to achieve work
Tolerance for Ambiguity: Functions effectively in situations of less than perfect or incomplete information.
In addition to the above competencies the Association Core Competencies are required: Commitment to Organization Vision and Values, Diversity,
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children
When applying, please quote posting number JP 41-2017, to:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday April 6th 2017, Noon
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace, welcoming applications from all qualified
persons. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and
perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at
any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation need known to the YMCA. The YMCAs comply with the Employment
Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and privacy laws. In keeping with privacy laws, we are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible
information handling practices. For more information on the YMCAs commitment to privacy, please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca. Only
candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Kitchener, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-04-02