OverviewYMCA of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo Personal Trainer Contract in Cambridge, ON
YMCA of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo
Branch Cambridge ON CA
YMCA Group Fitness Instructor an asset. Experience in fitness testing and exercise program design for members of varying ages and fitness levels….
The incumbent is responsible to function as a member of the HFR Program Team to deliver quality programs and services to our members. The
incumbent will provide one-to-one and small group specialized training. The incumbent will assist in all HFR program areas ensuring that all members have
a positive experience in a safe, friendly and welcoming environment.
- Develop and implement a goal orientated individualized fitness and health program in a one-on-one or small group scenario
- Deliver programs in a manner in which the mission, values, goals and practices, including SAM standards, are being met while building positive
- Promote and sell Personal Training Services
- Monitor member development and progress. Provide feedback to the member that is constructive, positive and specific to that member
- Maintain and update Member’s Records
- Actively participate in scheduled programs, meetings and special events
- Make decisions and solve problems regarding membership programs, member’s concerns, and member’s behavior
- Act as a personal role model for participants, volunteers and staff, establishing rapport and maintaining effective relationship building behaviours
with staff, members and volunteers
- Provide encouragement, motivation and support for the member and recognize member’s strengths and weaknesses
- Demonstrate knowledge of health appraisal techniques and an understanding of motivation, counselling and teaching in a health and recreation
- Deliver appropriate program evaluations as decided by the program team
- Provide motivational support to participants regarding long-term behavioral modification
- Maintain a proactive approach with members and participants assisting them with any needs, inquiries or concerns
- Attend workshops, trainings, conferences and staff meetings as required
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Completion of Community College Diploma
- 1-2 years of experience required as the position has specific challenges requiring some experience to problem solve and manage
- Standard First Aid/CPR/AED
- Nationally recognized Personal Training certification
- Experience in fitness testing and exercise program design for members of varying ages and fitness levels
- YMCA Personal Training certification – Level 3 (an asset); YMCA Individual Conditioning Level 1 and 2 – recertification every 2 years
- YMCA Group Fitness Instructor an asset
- Acceptable Police Check for Vulnerable Sector
Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, staff and self in continuous learning and development.
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner to support information sharing.
Leadership: Motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
Results Oriented: Has the ability to manage, lead to achieve, and exceed identified goals.
Relationship Building and Collaboration: Builds positive interactions, both internally and externally, to build enthusiasm and appreciation to achieve work related
Sense of Community: Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of communities and responds to their needs.
Tolerance for Ambiguity: Functions effectively in situations of less than perfect or incomplete information.
In addition to the above competencies the Association Core Competencies are required, Commitment to Organization Vision and Values, Diversity, Integrity,
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Human Resources, YMCA Administration Offices,
460 Frederick Street, Suite 203, Kitchener ON N2H 2P5
Fax to: 519-576-6223
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 25, 2015, 12:00 pm
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Cambridge, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23