OverviewWSP Group Commissioning & Retro Commissioning Specialist – Intermediate Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Commissioning & Retro Commissioning Specialist – Intermediate
This position will work with engineers, architects, contractors, field personnel, subcontractors, and technical support staff….
Commissioning/Retro-Commissioning Specialist – Intermediate
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 34,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking an intermediate building commissioning and/or retro-commissioning specialist to join our growing Sustainable Buildings Division in Calgary, AB. They will be the technical lead and/or project manager on large client projects. Reporting to the department manager this position will be responsible for executing work on new and existing building commissioning projects that will range in type, size and complexity, to achieve project deadlines and financial expectations. This is a customer facing role that requires collaboration with both internal and external resources to deliver project expectations. This position will work with engineers, architects, contractors, field personnel, subcontractors, and technical support staff.
- Interact with client staff, client principals, building construction management teams and building construction trades
- Work with the client to define commissioning and re-commissioning strategies
- Provide high-level technical and design review of mechanical, electrical, and building systems
- Peer review commissioning documentation prepared by project teams
- Chair commissioning meetings and provide expert advice to site inspections/testing activities
- Review and optimize building control systems and EMS performance
- Observe third party testing and equipment start up
- Direct and/or conduct functional testing
- Perform measurement and verification
- Develop clear and concise written reports that convey technical information
- Contribute to proposals and various client management activities
- Contribute to the knowledge and professional development of employees in the group
- Lead knowledge and process development initiatives in their area of expertise
- Manage multiple projects to deliver a quality service on time, and on budget
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Mechanical, Electrical, or Building Systems Engineering. A P.Eng. is desired.
- LEED AP, Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP), Certified Energy Manager (CEM) all a plus.
- Proven experience (3-8+ years) consulting services in high performance building commissioning, energy audits, facilities management HVAC or process engineering design, construction project management, electrical/controls design, installation or operations, and testing, adjusting and balancing
- Possess technical knowledge and hands-on field experience in New and Existing Building Commissioning including functional testing, diagnostics, trending, energy calculations, and implementing improvements
- Experience troubleshooting complex mechanical systems and controls
- Capability to inspect and functionally test existing energy consuming equipment and diagnose problems
- Ability to obtain and analyze field data and building automation system trend data
- Experience in commissioning services pricing and proposal writing
- Thorough understanding of construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to compile financial and statistical analyses
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with small teams and to maintain client relationships
- Experience communicating effectively with high profile customers, design teams, construction managers, and building construction trades
- Responsible for managing the project to achieve the budget agreed to
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional problem solving, time management and decision-making skills
- Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Desire to learn continuously, work more effectively, and enhance technical and professional skills
- Ability and desire to mentor and teach other team members
- Punctual, reliable, detailed oriented, task oriented, and organized
- LEED Commissioning Authority experience a plus
- Refrigeration system certification or experience a plus
- Experience in related fields, such as electrical design, construction, and power systems a plus
- Demonstrated electrical aptitude a plus
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24