Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-07-26
WorleyParsons Junior Administrative Assistant Full Time in Markham, ON
Branch Markham ON CA
Junior Administrative Assistant
Maintain Bulletin boards and TV presentations. WorleyParsons is a recognized leader in providing professional services to the energy, resources, chemicals and…
WorleyParsons is a recognized leader in providing professional services to the energy, resources, chemicals and infrastructure industries, and we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities around the world. We cover the full lifecycle – from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets on a global scale – taking pride in providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our clients’ expectations.
- Provide the relevant group or team with administrative and clerical support when required
- Prepare and distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence, including preparing couriers
- Program and file documentation and set up and maintain group filing
- Monitor and, when required, purchase stationary and other office supplies
- Assist with a range of administrative activities including;
- Preparation of expense reports
- Processing of purchase orders/invoices
- Arrange meetings, including organising equipment requirements, ordering of food and beverages and clearing up meeting rooms at completion of meetings.
- Arrange and make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Support the administration teams of other groups when required due to absences
- Assist with the creation and preparation of correspondence for internal and external clients, documents, presentations and/or publications
- Provide customer service and ensure that information provided to clients is accurate, timely and in accordance with policy and procedure
- Answering phones
- Welcome visitors from Lobby and sign in
- Lunch and learn coordination
- Maintain Bulletin boards and TV presentations
- HSE assistance maintaining inventory and maintain PPE room
- Timecard Change Requests – OTL support
- Photocopying / scanning
- Business cards orders
- Picking up car rentals at reception and dropping off keys
- Maintain kitchen
- Welcome kits for new employees
- Handle faxes
- Updating cubicle signs / Floor plan
What you will bring
- Experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry, including previous administrative experience
- Approximately, 3 – 5 years ideally to include experience in administrative position
- Highly competent in MS Office suite
- Proven time management and organisational skills
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet WorleyParsons and its clients needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- personal well-being;
- healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- continuously improve WorleyParsons health, safety and environmental performance.
- Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to achieving the OneWay Vision and its associated requirements.
- Travel as required, including travel related to projects and to maintain links with other WorleyParsons offices.
- Act in the best interests of WorleyParsons at all times.
- Perform any other duties that are reasonably required from time to time.
WorleyParsons will offer you a competitive compensation and benefits package, plus a friendly, professional and dynamic working environment with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Canada and on a global scale.
When you join WorleyParsons, you’ll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherent benefits of a diverse workplace and that promotes inclusion and flexibility. We encourage applications from a diverse population of people that reflect the range of countries, cultures and contexts spanned by our operations. Our people are at the heart of our processes – we value everyone’s personal wellbeing and contributions. We are committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
Please note: No agency representation or submissions will be recognized for this vacancy.