OverviewWorleyParsons Intermediate Electrical Engineer / Designer Part Time in Sarnia, ON
Branch Sarnia ON CA
Intermediate Electrical Engineer / Designer
Working experience leading a Detailed Engineering CPK + Commissioning Project. If required, act as the Electrical Engineering Lead on specific projects….
: We engineer for lasting impact.
At WorleyParsons we are creating value all around the world, and our professionals are driving it all with expertise and confidence. When you take your place on our team, you
‘ll discover nearly endless opportunities to develop your career and you’ll have the support and encouragement to be at your best.
Visit www.worleyparsons.com to explore our success, expertise and global reach.
Purpose · Ensure all engineering and design work performed adjusts to quality, cost and schedule requirements.
· Ensure all design work is safe and carried out in a safe manner.
· Ensure all design work conforms to the codes and standards used by the client, or to agreed industry standards.
Responsibilities · Perform designing/engineering work/deliverables as part of the Electrical team.
· Ability to interpret client specifications.
· Coordinate/Communicate with other disciplines and the client.
· Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the WorleyParsons Quality Assurance system
· Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
· If required, assist and support junior personnel within the Electrical Engineering team.
· Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in Electrical engineering.
· If required, act as the Electrical Engineering Lead on specific projects.
· May be required to provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
Professional Experience: · Working experience leading a Detailed Engineering CPK + Commissioning Project
· Understanding of OESC 2015 + Bulletins, API505 (Electrical Area Classification)
· Proficient in various electrical software or calculations (Pentair TraceCalc Pro, Voltage Drop, Cable Sizing/Ampacities, Basic Short Circuit Calcs, Equipment Sizing Ratings, Equipment Specification)
· Working experience managing Procurement – Material Requisitions, Quotations, Bid Evaluations
· Working experience with Drawing Mark-ups
· Working experience checking own work and others work
· Successful track record of Budget and Schedule Compliance
· Working knowledge of industry standards and codes related to Electrical system deliverables.
· Being able to work with multiple and concurrently small and medium projects.
· Working knowledge of Computer Aided Design software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.).
· Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Post-Secondary Education in a field related to Instrumentation & Control.
- Five to Seven (5 – 10) years of direct Electrical design and engineering experience.
- PEng. registered in the Province of Ontario or to be able to register.
- Experience in the WorleyParsons Improve business is an asset.
At WorleyParsons Canada, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we work. WorleyParsons is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Our Culture and the Way We Work
Our distinctive culture is what sets us apart as an organization by defining who we are and what we believe. Our values of Leadership, Performance, Relationships and Agility and our “Way We Work” behaviors sit at the heart of this culture. Learn about Our Culture and Way We Work behaviours and imagine the impact you will make.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it’s time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with WorleyParsons.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Sarnia, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11