OverviewWorleyParsons Graduate Instrumentation Engineer Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Graduate Instrumentation Engineer
Provides Automation (instrumentation, controls, and telecommunications) expertise related to the design and construction of oil and gas production and…
: Our scale is expansive but that is nothing compared to our imagination.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it’s time to test the limits of what you can become. Continue to build your future with WorleyParsons.
The Automation Engineering Department within WorleyParsons Ltd. provides Automation (instrumentation, controls, and telecommunications) expertise related to the design and construction of oil and gas production and processing facilities.
- Provide Instrumentation design support to multidisciplinary teams on a large project
- Produce specifications and detailed design of Instrumentation systems and materials, including technical selection, calculations, and sizing following project standards.
- Creating material requisitions c/w specifications and data sheets for plant instrumentation including PSV, control valves, flow elements and transmitters.
- Vendor document review and approval.
- Evaluate Vendor quotations for technical content and perform bid tabs where required.
- Create Construction Work Packages including scope of work and drawings, such as loop drawings, installation details, datasheets, location drawings and perform interdisciplinary reviews.
- Work with Client in project meetings and HAZOP.
- Participate in project planning and execution.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
· 0-3 years of past experience in Instrumentation within an EPC environment and a complete understanding of the engineering documents associated with instrumentations such as: P&ID’s, loop sheets, specification sheets, wiring diagrams, logic diagrams, installation detail drawings, etc.
· Experience in oil/gas, mining, pulp/paper and thermal power generation is an asset.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
· Diploma in Instrumentation Engineering Technology or Engineering Degree is required.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Registration with APEGA
Our distinctive culture is what sets us apart as an organization by defining who we are and what we believe. Our values of Leadership, Performance, Relationships and Agility sit at the heart of this culture.
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy.
To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11