OverviewWorld Vision Canada Director, Events Full Time in Mississauga, ON
World Vision Canada
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Work with third party event planners to determine which events to promote and how best to promote/sponsor/participate….
World Vision Canada (WVC) brings life-saving support in times of disaster. We help communities take charge of their futures. We provide small loans and training that boost family
livelihoods. We work with policy makers to change the way the world is run. Our faith teaches us that every child, regardless of gender, faith or race, is a precious gift to the entire world – and that their well-being concerns us all. We shall never rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Products and Channels, the Director of Events leads a team that is the hub for the planning, development and execution of all WVC events spanning
corporate events and special events including concerts, speakers and town halls. He/She will ensure a consistent WVC customer experience in all events with regards to messaging, products and campaigns and will promote a culture of nnovation. This role will also play an integral role in modelling and carrying out our organization’s mission, vision, strategies and cultivates Christian servant leadership and World Vision’s Core Values.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Thoroughly understand and articulate the organization’s mission, programs, history, policies, culture, values, key stakeholders and financial strategy.
- Provide leadership, direction and management for the Events team and vendor relationships, creating an environment of respect, accountability, motivation, professional growth and
- Ensure accountability of department goals, encourage and foster collaboration within and between departments across the organization.
- Encourage the team to have creative and innovative ideas for events; champion this for the organization.
- Serve as a member of the Product and Channel leadership team and contribute to overall divisional strategy and performance.
Marketing, Strategic Execution and Event Management Expertise
- In collaboration with the Integrated Marketing Strategy, develop the overarching World Vision Canada events strategy and calendar for the year.
- Promote the WVC brand and create strategic opportunities for revenue generation and advocacy.
- Become the hub for the planning and execution of World Vision Canada events including but not limited to, concerts, speakers, forums, engagements, Team World Vision.
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing and Brand & Creative Solutions to promote events with consistent messaging aligning to WVC brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with Customer Journey Management and Channels to strategize and plan the event marketing process for each customer segment.
- Work with Digital Marketing and Brand & Creative Solutions to advertise events to the customer segments, using the appropriate channels.
- Oversee the vendor relationship for the Artist Collective in support of the customer experience and the marketing strategy while ensuring KPIs are met.
- Define and monitor event-specific KPIs; work with Customer Data & Insights to evaluate and assess outcomes of events.
- Engage in the budgeting process by planning annual budgets for events; allocate funds to meet objectives.
- Work with third party event planners to determine which events to promote and how best to promote/sponsor/participate.
- Define and own event management process (work with Marketing Operations & Processes).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; certification in Event Management an asset.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience – significant experience in event planning and management – with a minimum of 4 years of leadership experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of strategic direct marketing principles to develop strategies and successfully execute large scale fund-raising events.
- Knowledge of international development and Canadian charitable behavior.
- Creative thinker with new, trendsetting ideas to bring to fruition.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and operate in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated organizational, financial, project management, communication and analytical skills.
Deadline to Apply: February 2, 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24