OverviewWorkSafeBC Support Assistant – Legal Services Temporary in Richmond, BC
Branch Richmond BC CA
Support Assistant – Legal Services
Clearly communicate and document detailed information, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences with varying levels of knowledge….
We’re seeking a support assistant to provide administrative support to the Legal Services department to facilitate the effective conduct of investigations, formal proceedings under the Workers Compensation Act, and other department operations. This is a temporary (approximately one year) opportunity.
What you’ll do
- Assist officers with the preparation of case files by gathering materials and information, reviewing files for completion, identifying discrepancies, and following up with appropriate parties to complete files
- Assist officers with the organization of case files by coordinating personnel and file activities, determining meeting requirements and scheduling appointments, witness interviews, case file meetings, hearing dates, and other meetings as required
- Administer logistics for the department such as arranging for travel and accommodation and calculating, verifying, and arranging payment of various fees and expenses
- Initiate written and telephone requests to gather information from a variety of sources
- Maintain a system for gathering and recording department statistical information using various databases and manuals, and prepare monthly, quarterly and ad hoc statistical and budget reports
- Maintain a departmental file management system to record and monitor progress of files
- Prepare, transcribe, and organize various correspondence including memoranda, reports, written submissions, various presentations, notices, and documents of a legal nature that often include technical industry terminology
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for a person who can:
- Plan, coordinate, prioritize, and organize a diverse, high-volume workload to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines and changing demands while maintaining accuracy and timeliness
- Use initiative to assist, orient, monitor, and act as a resource to individuals in a team environment
- Reference and apply policies, procedures, and guidelines in making decisions and solving problems
- Understand and respond to stakeholders’ needs in order to provide exemplary customer service
- Type a minimum of 45 words per minute
- Clearly communicate and document detailed information, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences with varying levels of knowledge
Your experience and educational background:
- Grade 12
- A minimum of two years of directly related experience – administrative support in a legal environment would be an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C . We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the almost 2.3 million workers and 210,000 employers in our province.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Richmond, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17