OverviewWorkSafeBC Secretary Temporary in Surrey, BC
Branch Surrey BC CA
In this role, you’ll report to a Director and perform diverse secretarial and administrative support duties. We’re seeking a secretary II in our Lower Mainland…
We’re seeking a secretary II in our Lower Mainland East Division for a temporary assignment of approximately eleven months. In this role, you’ll report to a Director and perform diverse secretarial and administrative support duties. This position requires you to use discretion and tact in handling confidential and sensitive information relating to WorkSafeBC policies and operations.
What you’ll do
- Transcribe, organize and compile, confidential reports, memos, minutes, and correspondence
- Establish and maintain files and records and maintain comprehensive tracking systems for sensitive correspondence and files
- Compile departmental budget summaries and various monthly statistics
- Arrange appointments, meetings and seminars as required, and make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Maintain office supplies and stationery
- Build and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of individuals
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for a person who can:
- Display a high degree of professionalism when handling confidential files and information
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accurately handle concurrent activities
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain a high level of customer service
- Type a minimum of 60 words per minute
Your experience and educational background:
- Completion of Grade 12
- A minimum of four years of experience in a secretarial or administrative support role
- Demonstrated ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C . We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the almost 2.3 million workers and 210,000 employers in our province.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Surrey, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01