OverviewWorkplace Safety and Insurance Board HR File Clerk Full Time in Toronto, ON
Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
Branch Toronto ON CA
HR File Clerk
Performing various clerical duties such as conducting yearly file inventory/audit of files contained the File Room, date stamping mail, sorting mail and…
Create, maintain and control human resource files. This includes Benefits, Salary, Pension and Personnel information for active, retired and terminated employees.
Respond to internal/external inquiries for information regarding active or terminated employees.
Receive and maintain up to date absence information for active employees. This involves updating PeopleSoft to deduct absence from employee’s available credits. Provide DAY 4 Notification of absence to Healthy Workplace Centre .
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Filing Room Responsibilities include:
- Establishing files for all employees
- Creating files for new employees. This includes Benefits, Salary, Pension and Personnel files.
- Reviewing all incoming documents to determine which file the documents are to be placed in
- Amalgamating files on termination of employment or retirement
2. Releasing of Files including:
- Maintaining database to monitor the release and return of employee files to/from authorized staff
- Preparing files for offsite storage as per the WSIB’s retention schedule
3. Telephone Inquiries including:
- Responding to enquiries from WSIB Staff and external parties to confirm employment information for prior employees (such as length of employment, salary, job title) in accordance with privacy legislation
- Performing various clerical duties such as conducting yearly file inventory/audit of files contained the File Room, date stamping mail, sorting mail and recalling offsite boxes and files
- Ensuring all responsibilities are carried out in a safe and healthy manner
4. Short Term Disability Management:
- Administering employee unplanned absences
- Responding to notification by employee or manager to ensure that employee name, ID number, work schedule and reason for absence is entered into PeopleSoft correctly
- Deducting absence hours from employees wellness bank and/or other available banks
- Confirming whether employee has returned to work
- If employee remains absent for longer than 3 days, prepare and send a Day 4 Notification Form to the Healthy Workplace Centre, includes creating a claim number for the absence
- Updating PeopleSoft when employee returns to work
5. Short Term Disability Reports:
- On a daily basis run and prepare the DAY 4 Report to identify employees who have been absent more than 4 days as a result of illness
- Providing this report to HR Transactions and the Healthy Workplace Centre
- On a daily basis run the DAY 10 Report so that HR Transactions can update the status of the short-term disability claim to identify whether a claim has been approved or denied or pending
6. Other Responsibilities
- Updating dependent student coverage for benefits program
- Sending benefit cards to employees and retirees
- Assisting HR Transactions in running of the Docking Report
- Assisting HR Transactions in updating Employee Self Service Worklist
1. High School Completion
2. 1yr exp. in an office environment
3. Use of Microsoft Office Products
As a precondition of employment, the WSIB will require a prospective candidate to undergo a criminal records name check prior to or at any time following hire.
To apply for this position, please submit your application by the closing date noted above.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates. Due to the volumes of applications we receive, we are only able to contact candidates that are selected to move forward in the recruitment process. The WSIB is an equal opportunity employer.
The WSIB is an equal opportunity employer and provides accommodation for job applicants in accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact [email protected] . If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, please provide your accommodation needs at that time. Please be advised that you may be required to provide medical documentation to the WSIB’s Corporate Health Department so that appropriate accommodation can be provided to you throughout the recruitment process.
Employees of the WSIB have important ethical responsibilities, including the obligation to place the public interest above personal interests. Job applicants are therefore required to disclose any circumstance that could result in a real, potential or perceived conflict of interest. These may include: political activity, directorship or other outside employment and certain personal relationships (e.g. with existing WSIB employees, clients and/or stakeholders). Please contact TAC if you have any questions about conflict of interest obligations and/ or how to make a disclosure.
Personal information will be collected from your resume, application, cover letter and references under the authority of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997 and will be used by the Talent Acquisition Centre and WSIB hiring parties to assess/validate your qualifications and/or determine if you meet the requirements of vacant positions and/or gather information relevant for recruitment purposes. If you have questions or concerns regarding the collection and use of your personal information, contact the WSIB Privacy Office, 200 Front Street West, Toronto, ON, M5V 3J1 or 416-344-5323 or 1-800-387-0750 extension 5323. Be advised that information related to application status will not be provided .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04