OverviewWorkplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal PAYROLL OFFICER (1) Temporary in Toronto, ON
Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal
Branch Toronto ON CA
PAYROLL OFFICER (1)
1 Temporary, duration up to 6 months, Toronto, Toronto Region. Understanding of general accounting practices and processes in order to assist with financial…
The Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal requires a professional payroll officer to provide all payroll services, including benefits and pension administration, using ADP’s web hosted Performance Pack ([email protected] and [email protected]) solution.
What can I expect to do in this role? As Payroll Officer, you will:
• Process payroll transactions by coding and inputting appropriate information using ADP [email protected] and [email protected], including new employee data, changes to salary, position, benefits, pension deductions, etc.
• Investigate and resolve issues, respond to payroll inquiries and initiate action to correct errors and omissions.
• Research and interpret pay policies and procedures, to provide responses and information to clients and consult with managers as needed.
• Prepare payroll adjustment entries requiring manual calculation and coding, and tracking and verification of start dates and stop dates.
• Administer employer pension and benefit plans, including completion and submission of forms for enrollments, changes, and terminations.
• Prepare pension contribution information and remit to appropriate pension plans.
• Prepare and submit union dues contribution information.
• Prepare and reconcile bi-weekly control report for approval prior to submission of payroll.
• Prepare and process bi-weekly financial reports from ADP.
• Reconcile and analyze earnings, deductions, pension, and benefits reports and other accounts.
• Collect and enter monthly attendance forms into ADP, including data entry of forms and productions of monthly balance reports for all employees.
• Setup and maintain payroll and employee filing system, ensuring compliance with retention guidelines.
• Liaise with ADP to resolve payroll and systems application issues.
How do I qualify? Knowledge: • Working knowledge of all aspects of the payroll function including payroll and benefits procedures, guidelines and policies;
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience using ADP’s [email protected] and [email protected] web-hosted solutions;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience interpreting, applying and explaining complex legislation, policy and collective agreement provisions relating to salary administration, employee benefits and pension entitlements;
• Understanding of general accounting practices and processes in order to assist with financial transactions and reports as required;
• Knowledge of and experience in processing payroll within the public / broader public sector shall be considered an asset.
Computer Skills: • Strong computer skills including the proficient use of ADP payroll and HRIS applications;
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook applications;
• Advanced data entry and keyboarding skills to accurately compile and input data;
Communication, Analytical and Organizational Skills: • Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision;
• Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to advise staff, compose correspondence and respond to inquiries;
• Advanced analytical and problem solving skills to identify and resolve issues and discrepancies, and provide solutions;
• Exceptional mathematical ability and skill to apply arithmetical principles/procedures as needed.
How to Apply: 1. Submit resume with cover letter, quoting file #WSIAT 04/17 to: Human Resources, Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal, 505 University Ave., 7th Fl., Toronto, ON M5G 2P2. Fax: 416-326-0115. Email: [email protected] Please select only one method to submit your resume with cover letter.
2. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us. In your cover letter please include a brief paragraph on why you feel you are the best candidate for the position.
3. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected] to provide your contact information. Recruitment staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 6 months, Toronto, Toronto Region
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
- This posting is for an organization that is not a part of the Ontario Public Service. The information and tips on the Ontario Public Service Careers website may not apply to this posting. Please use the contact information below to contact the organization directly if you have questions.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24