Wood Automation Engineer or Technician Contract in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Automation Engineer or Technician
5 to 10 years of hands on automation engineering (DCS, ESD, F&G and communication) experience in oil & gas, power generation, chemical and petrochemical…
Wood is currently recruiting for an Automation Engineer or Technologist who will be representing Wood on-site at Christina Lake located in Northern Alberta, Canada. This will be a rotation position with shifts being 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off. This is a contract position, valid until the end of Dec 2018. For the right candidate, this could be extended until the end of June 2019.
- Support the client on Automation pre-commissioning and commissioning activities
- Be involved in DCS, SIS and FGS System engineering and configuration
- Work with P&IDs, Control Philosophies and Shut Down Keys
- Understand and follow up on deliverables related with control system configuration such as architectural diagrams, loop list, logic diagrams, loop wiring diagrams, etc.
- Support content of client’s Process Control Specifications and Strategies.
- Ensure health and safe operation of automation hardware, software and interfaces
- BS in Automation / Instrumentation Engineering registered with APEGA or Engineering Technologist registered with ASET
- 5 to 10 years of hands on automation engineering (DCS, ESD, F&G and communication) experience in oil & gas, power generation, chemical and petrochemical industries.
- Knowledge and experience working with Honeywell C300 Configuration Suite is mandatory
- Knowledge and experience working on large SAGD automation projects
- Previous experience in SAGD facility pre-commissioning/commissioning is considered an asset.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Willing to work on a remote client site.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.