OverviewWinSport Strength and Conditioning Coach Temporary in Alberta
Branch AB CA
Strength and Conditioning Coach
First Aid and CPR. Provide training support/guidance, where necessary, to member patrons of the PTC and BNTC. You will work with the Performance Training Centre…
As the Strength and Conditioning Coach, you will support the team training environment at the training centres by facilitating team training sessions, working with the Athlete Development Specialist to keep current with athlete development programming and ensuring all athletes are training safely.
You will work with the Performance Training Centre (PTC), High Performance Training Centre HPTC), and the Bob Niven Training Centre (BNTC) to ensure the training environment in our fitness facilities are appropriately maintained to meet the needs of the athletes.
- Create and facilitate professional training sessions for teams and athletes within the guidelines set by the management team.
- Build rapport and a professional relationship with teams and athletes, if necessary complete follow-ups
- Keep records of all sessions, dates, times and any incidences that may have occurred
- Keep current with any changes within the profession
- Ensure the training environment is congruent with facility and WinSport athlete/member programming requirements.
- Inventory and safety check the weight room equipment and help inform ongoing equipment repairs and needs for training and new programming.
- Configure and help organize the training equipment at the PTC and BNTC on an ongoing basis.
- Provide training support/guidance, where necessary, to member patrons of the PTC and BNTC.
- Enforce code of conduct within the facilities, and manage any behavior concerns appropriately.
- Follow and up hold the WinSport Policies and Procedures
- Demonstrate a safe work practice at all times by adhering to all WinSport safety policy and procedures and ensuring one’s own safety is preserved along with the safety of co-workers, and WinSport guests
- Be mindful of all safety hazards/concerns within the work environment and ensure all safety issues are reported to the appropriate individuals
- Review all OH & S notices/meeting minutes as they are distrusted or posted on OH & S boards located within all departments
- University degree in Kinesiology or related field an asset.
- Recognized fitness/training professional certifications required such as CSEP (Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology) or National Strength & Conditioning Association an asset.
- Experience working with teams or groups in a training or sport environment.
- First Aid and CPR.
- Able to lift 45 pounds unassisted.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Part-time positions with the possibility of Full-time available
- Evenings and weekend work required
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: , AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-29