OverviewWinpak Ltd. RED SEAL MILLWRIGHT Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
RED SEAL MILLWRIGHT
The safe and effective installation, modification and replacement of machinery and parts. Winpak Ltd., a public company, operates ten production facilities in…
Winpak Ltd., a public company, operates ten production facilities in Canada, the United States and Mexico, with its head office located in Winnipeg. Continued growth in sales has positioned the company as one of the leaders in the North American market for the supply of flexible and rigid plastic packaging. Winpak’s location in Winnipeg, Manitoba is currently searching to fill the position of:
RED SEAL MILLWRIGHT
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Red Seal Millwright is responsible to safely and effectively repair, install, and maintain production, building and property equipment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The safe and effective installation, modification and replacement of machinery and parts.
- Operation of lathes milling machines and surface grinders.
- Read and interpret blueprints and work layouts.
- Must work closely with Mechanics, Technicians and Engineers.
- Maintain a spare parts inventory and order spare parts according to procedures.
- Maintain all machine shop equipment and supplies, including cutting tools and helicoils.
- Work during scheduled shutdowns, shift work, and when necessary, overtime hours to accommodate scheduled maintenance of equipment; will be on call 24 hours, 7 days a week and must report for duty within a reasonable time limit if called back to work.
- Ensure that the necessary paperwork such as daily work time sheets and callback reports are complete and accurate.
- A daily machinist log is to be kept on work performed and projects that are outstanding.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Promote teamwork, cooperation, and effective communication within the department and Company; interact with all levels of the operation in support of Winpak’s TQI program.
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner compliant with ISO 9001 and SQF 2000 standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Millwright certificate.
- Machinist certificate.
- Must have previous shop experience.
- Experienced in the operation of lathes milling machines and surface grinders.
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic instruments.
- Knowledge of work and safety regulations.
- Familiar with the repair and maintenance of electric lift trucks.
- Other combinations of education, experience, knowledge and skills will be considered.
Winpak offers competitive salary and benefit packages as well as excellent opportunities for professional growth and development based upon the global location of the available position. Qualified individuals are invited to apply online under our career section.
Winpak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Pre-employment drug/alcohol/background screening may be required based on facility location.
Although we appreciate all applicants, only qualified applicants will be considered for interviews.
How to Apply
On the Web:
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23