OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Sterile Processing Technician Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Sterile Processing Technician
Maintaining an understanding of and adhering to Quality Assurance and Policies and Procedures. **This position will provide relief coverage***….
***This position will provide relief coverage***
The Pan Am Clinic is currently seeking a part-time Sterile Processing Technician. This position reports to the Manager, OR & CPD.
- Processing of specialized surgical instruments and supplies in preparation for sterilization.
- Maintaining an understanding of and adhering to Quality Assurance and Policies and Procedures.
- Handling and transporting sterile supplies throughout the clinic. Must apply inventory rotation and sterility maintenance principals.
- Interacting in person and/or on the telephone with clinic personnel to ensure supply issues are met.
- Picking up and transporting soiled instruments and equipment throughout the clinic ensuring infection control principals are followed.
- Maintain and understanding of the dynamics of sterilization and the ability to operate any sterilization system in use within the department.
- Re-assembly of surgical sets with various instrumentation.
- Read and interpret the slate in order to anticipate surgical requirements for surgical cases on current and future shifts.
- Position involves meticulous attention to detail with regards to technical and mechanical ability.
- Completion of high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a Certified Registered Central Services Technician program.
- WHMIS Certificate.
- Previous CPD/OR required.
- Must have a good knowledge of instrumentation and sterilization techniques.
- Sterrad sterilization experience an asset.
- Must be fluent in written and verbal English, and possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be capable of working under pressure and performing a wide range of duties that may require independent action.
- Must be cooperative, alert, accept directions, and be able to function as a team member.
- Good physical condition (repetitive hand arm and shoulder motions and long periods of standing).
- Subject to Immunization and Tuberculin Testing as per WRHA policy.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24