OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Staff Physiotherapist- (TERM: Dec. 1, 2016- Mar. 31, 2017) Temporary in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Staff Physiotherapist- (TERM: Dec. 1, 2016- Mar. 31, 2017)
The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. Knowledge of the physiological, social, cultural and economic aspects of client…
Position # 20023134
ALL VGH EMPLOYEES REFLECT OUR HOSPITAL’S PHILOSOPHY BY CONTINUOUSLY PROVIDING QUALITY SERVICE/CARE.
- Entry-to-practice academic credential in physiotherapy from an accredited Canadian university program or the approved equivalent if internationally educated.
- Where required by provincial licensing, must successfully have completed the written component of the Physiotherapy Competency exam and must successfully complete the practical component within the mandatory two year timeframe as a condition of employment.
- Must be registered on the Practicing Roster of the College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba. Membership with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association preferred.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with WRHA policy.
- Recent and relevant clinical experience preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other disciplines and demonstrate professional judgment and initiative.
- Knowledge of the physiological, social, cultural and economic aspects of client care.
- Ability to organize and complete assignments with a minimum of supervision.
- Willingness to adapt to new concepts, techniques and best practice in the academic and clinical fields of health care and education knowledge.
- Computer literacy as appropriate to the setting.
- Must be in good physical and mental health and be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time without resting.
- Must demonstrate the use of safe and effective body mechanics while working with clients.
- Must be able to safely transfer large and/or heavy clients who may have limited or no weight bearing capabilities.
- Must demonstrate adequate motor coordination or dexterity for implementation of therapeutic techniques and manipulation of therapeutic activities as necessary.
- May be required to work evenings or weekends.
- May be required to occasionally work extended hours.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, toxic materials, noise, allergens, physical and emotional stress.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/visitors/staff.
Note: This job description is representative and should not be construed as being all inclusive.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01