OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Speech-Language Pathologist – Children Therapy Initiative – WRHA Part Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Speech-Language Pathologist – Children Therapy Initiative – WRHA
Position # 20026157 HRSS # INC000002561193 The Speech-Language Pathologist provides quality Speech-Language Pathology services, consistent with discipline
Position # 20026157
HRSS # INC000002561193
The Speech-Language Pathologist provides quality Speech-Language Pathology services, consistent with discipline and professional standards, including: prevention, identification, evaluation, assessment, diagnosis, counselling, treatment, management and education of communication and swallowing disorders; education and supervision of students and professionals; consultation with and referral to other professionals; and research. Maintains professional accountability, professional judgment and reasoning with a high level of communication and collaboration.
- Masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited/recognized university is required.
- Must be registered with the College of Audiologist and Speech-Language Pathologist of Manitoba (CASLPM). Membership in other professional organizations is encouraged; for example, the Speech-Language and
- Audiologist Canada (SAC) and the American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with WRHA policy #20.20.210.
- Previous experience with relevant population is preferred.
- Completion of, and ongoing participation in relevant courses, workshops, etc. to address continuing education requirements of CASLPM and specialization required for service provision.
- May be required to work extended hours.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, radiation, toxic materials, noise, allergens, physical and emotional stress, etc..
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/staff/visitors.
- Valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle required.
- Subject to immunization and tuberculin testing as per WRHA policy.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Salary: commensurate with education and experience
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-05