OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Software Developer II – Manitoba eHealth Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Software Developer II – Manitoba eHealth
Reporting to the Supervisor, Application & Integration Solutions, the Software Developer provides analysis, development, support, and technical documentation of…
Position # 20013744
Reporting to the Supervisor, Application & Integration Solutions, the Software Developer provides analysis, development, support, and technical documentation of Business Intelligence solutions meeting organizational standards to ensure quality deliverables.
- Performs detailed application and data analysis including functional, business and technical requirements, current state analysis and workflow analysis.
- Produces technical documentation adhering to the enterprise standards and guidelines including, but not limited to, detailed solution designs containing UML diagrams and detailed data mapping specifications.
- Develops and supports Business Intelligence applications and components including ETL packages, datamarts, reports, and dashboards.
- Actively participates in the organization and storage of all work products in a standardized fashion within the enterprise document repository.
- Meets regularly with the BI team lead to review solution designs and provide regular updates to the direct supervisor on progress.
- Ensures that documentation is kept up to date by meeting regularly with BI project teams to capture any operational or project changes made within the BI domain.
- Adheres to all safety and health regulations and safe work practices.
- May be required to perform other duties and functions related to this job description not exceeding above stated skills and capabilities.
- The successful completion of a degree or diploma in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience with system analysis, architecture, design, development, and testing is an asset.
- Familiar with SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Experience working with Cognos BI tools is preferred.
- Experience working with Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is preferred.
- Experience working with Jasper Server and iReports is an asset.
- Experience working with data warehouses is an asset.
- Proven ability to perform analysis and produce technical documentation including UML diagrams.
- Experience working with Microsoft Visio is an asset.
- Experience working with Sparx Enterprise Architect is an asset.
- Proven ability to analyze, organize and document procedural routines.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff at all levels.
- Must be comfortable working in a team oriented environment where the range of responsibilities is varied and assist with projects as needed.
- Must be able to work independently and be able to make day-to-day decisions.
- ITIL Foundation training is an asset.
- May be required to participate in on-call rotation.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, and an Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Salary: commensurate with education and qualifications
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition .
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25