OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Social Worker (MSW)-Psychosocial Oncology Clinician-Cancer Hub Winnipeg Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Social Worker (MSW)-Psychosocial Oncology Clinician-Cancer Hub Winnipeg
Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) from a Canadian Association for Social Work Education (CASWE) accredited school/facility, or other appropriate clinical…
Reporting to WRHA Oncology Program Director, the incumbent provides, under supervision: clinical assessment, treatment, referral and counseling services for regional cancer patients, regional patients with a high suspicion of cancer and families. The incumbent participates as a member of an interdisciplinary team, in partnership with CancerCare Manitoba’s Community Oncology Program ( COP ), Patient and Family Support Services ( PFSS), First Nation Metis and Inuit Cancer Control Program ( FNMI Ca Control), the WRHA Community Oncology Programs and rural and northern health authority’s Regional Cancer Programs ( RCP) and Community Cancer Program ( CCP) hubs, providing comprehensive, person-centered regional cancer care to patients and their families all along the cancer continuum. The incumbent provides psychosocial oncology and supportive care education to patients/families, staff and community groups as required; engaging the community and helping to build a regional community of practice. Recognizing the emotional impact of providing cancer care, the incumbent offers emotional support to oncology colleagues, identifying resources to help prevent compassion fatigue. The incumbent provides regional consultation to colleagues regarding psychosocial oncology. The incumbent maintains strong professional links with provincial psychosocial oncology practitioners and is aware of national practice standards. The incumbent supports program evaluation as required and research as possible. The incumbent exercises professional judgment in the completion of their duties and action to be taken on day-to-day matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and policies of the WRHA.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) from a Canadian Association for Social Work Education (CASWE) accredited school/facility, or other appropriate clinical counselling profession.
- Must be registered, or eligible for registration, with the Manitoba College of Social Workers.
- Minimum of five years clinical counseling experience in a health care setting; minimum 3 years clinical counseling experience in a cancer care setting preferred.
- Good physical and mental health to meet the demands of the position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in community engagement, adult education and professional development presentation delivery.
- Knowledge and experience regarding patient engagement preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- The incumbent will make decisions within the parameters of the position as assigned, and will function regionally and independently on a day-to-day basis, managing assigned duties accordingly.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements. A five-minute formal presentation will be expected during the interview process.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT) .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-20