OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Social Worker (BSW)-Social Work-Womens Health Temporary in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Social Worker (BSW)-Social Work-Womens Health
Understanding of health and social welfare systems. Demonstrated strong commitment to the profession of social work and the Canadian Association of Social Work…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (BSW) from a Canadian Association for Social Work Education (CASWE) accredited school/faculty, or a provincially authorized post-secondary program, or the approved equivalent if internationally educated.
- Must be registered with the Manitoba College of Social Workers.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training requirements for this position shall in be in accordance with WRHA policy.
- Two years recent and relevant experience preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other disciplines and demonstrate professional judgment and initiative.
- Willingness to adapt to new concepts, techniques and best practices in the academic and clinical fields of health care.
- Understanding of health and social welfare systems.
- Ability to practice independently and with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the profession of social work and the Canadian Association of Social Work (CASW) Code of Ethics and the Manitoba College of Social Workers Standards of Practice.
- Must be organized in the workplace and determine clear priorities.
- Computer literacy.
- May be required to hold a valid Manitoba driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle.
- Preference will be given to candidates competent in an Aboriginal language and/or knowledgeable in Aboriginal customs, beliefs, and practices.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Duties: Under the direction of the Manager, the incumbent is responsible for: providing professional, skilled psychosocial assessment and interventions to individuals, families and groups; providing a range of psychosocial interventions that are aimed at assisting clients, families and groups cope with and adapt to health related issues, using the healthcare system and other social systems effectively and efficiently; demonstrating leadership in assisting the healthcare team complete discharge; relieving co-workers due to illness, vacation, and professional development. Participating as a member of the healthcare team and interpreting social, psychological, emotional and family problems to the team; maintaining excellent working relationships with team members and participating in team planning and problem solving; performing a variety of administrative functions as required by the department. May be requested to assist in providing instruction to social work students and new staff.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: Must be in good physical and mental health. May encounter aggressive and/or agitated client/visitors/staff. May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, toxic materials, noise, allergens, physical and emotional stress. May be occasionally required to work extended hours. May be required to work a variety of shifts including weekends.
Salary: Effective April 1, 2013-BSW – $26.340, $27.530, $28.770, $30.097, $31.458, $32.836, $34.118, $34.428 MAHCP
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23