OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Scheduling Clerk-Home Care Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Scheduling Clerk-Home Care
Schedules by entering data into the Home Care scheduling system, assigning, scheduling and communicating with Direct Service Staff, clients and other Home Care…
Position # 20003677
Primary office location is 5 Donald Street. May be required to work in other community areas.
Under the direction of a Team Manager within the Home Care Program in collaboration with the Nursing Resource Coordinator and Resource Coordinator, the Scheduling Clerk assists in the maintenance of Direct Service Staff* schedules by entering data into the Home Care scheduling system, assigning, scheduling and communicating with Direct Service Staff, clients and other Home Care Staff.
*Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Rehabilitation Assistant, Integrated Support Worker, Home Care Attendant, and Home Support Worker.
- Completion of a high school or equivalent program of studies. Formal training in Applied Office skills required.
- Two to three years related administrative experience.
- Minimum six months scheduling experience. Preference will be given to applicants with previous scheduling clerk training/experience.
- Previous experience working in an EFT environment would be an asset.
- Data entry experience is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Procura would be preferred.
- Experience in email and computerized calendar (GroupWise) is required.
- Medical Terminology preferred.
- Experience in health care would be an asset.
- Experience with mail distribution, photocopying and faxing.
- Experience maintaining filing system.
- Keyboarding speed of 45 wpm is required.
- Ability to maintain and compile statistics.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively contribute to a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25